Atlas 2015 - blown H025N08?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Atlas Sound 2015 speakers. The horn on one (currently the left channel) is not working... it's possible that it was blown out. This is a Foster H025N08 horn. I'm willing to purchase a replacement horn, but I want to be sure that it's not another part that's faulty.

Here's what I know: I get absolutely no sound from the horn. The 15" speaker in the same box works fine. I hooked up the identical speaker box (right channel) and it works fine on the left, so it's not the cable, amp, computer, mixer, etc. The horn appears to be in good shape, and after taking it apart the diaphragm looks to be intact.

My question is this: Is the driver definitely blown, or is there another part in the box that might be faulty? If so, what would that be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-vorski

Here are some pics of the speaker, horn, and driver.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.