are there SMD replacements for k170 j74

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi all,

I thought I'd try my hand at building an (almost) all smd pass amp. Is there any sub for the jfet buffer front end jfets? I could drop a BJT diamond buffer in easily enough, but it made sense to ask first.

Edit - I'm thinking an F4 - so its a complimentary pair I need

Edit edit - I'm thinking this as i've an all smt project to build soon and I want to get some practice in!

Cheers!
A

Last edited:
Try the Kuartlotron buffer (see the thread here) - uses readily available transistors and parts (from Mouser, or local RS online, etc.)

Still plenty of k170s around - can do a dcB1 buffer with/without the shunt reg

Building 'ordinary' buffers are pretty simple but getting a really 'good sounding buffer' (ie. no sound at all) to work properly isn't at all that easy and the complementary k170/j74 is one of the few simple ones, depending on the supplies

I can think of Spencer and Alweit.

Spencer is great!

Alweit's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. A number of the matched pairs that I ordered from Alweit became unmatched because of how poorly they were packaged for shipping. When I brought it to his attention the response was, "Sorry, I've heard that from other buyers as well."

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.