ARCAM AVR 100 background noise !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good morning guys.
For some time I have a problem with the Arcam in question.
As soon as I turn it emits a background noise .... even without any input signal .... and remains constant in the background, sometimes disappears completely ... I don't understand.
I tried the ground / lift button, nothing.
Do you have any advice
Thanks so much
e5a1a110.jpg

Ah, we call that mains hum - though it can be a buzz more than a hum, and it can be at the mains frequency, or mainly 2nd harmonic of mains frequency.

Immediate first suspect would be a poor connection to ground from some part of the circuit.
It might respond to mechanical prodding with an insulated stick - once localized its easier to deal with.
But it could be a failing component too.

Ah, we call that mains hum - though it can be a buzz more than a hum, and it can be at the mains frequency, or mainly 2nd harmonic of mains frequency.

Immediate first suspect would be a poor connection to ground from some part of the circuit.
It might respond to mechanical prodding with an insulated stick - once localized its easier to deal with.
But it could be a failing component too.

.. thanks ..... as soon as I have some free time I open the cover and take a look inside it .... certainly it won't be easy to identify the problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.