Anyone in Southern CA know where to buy LM1084?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In a county with tens of millions of people- anybody know a place to buy an LM1084IT adjustable voltage regulator in a TO-220 package this week?

Using this IC for 5V filament supply on a 300B tube amplifier. One channel works, the other device measures zero. The resistors and caps all measure good.

I so wanted to finish this amplifier before returning to work next week. Ordered several, but they might not get here before Saturday.

There's got to be a place in LA or Orange Country that sells these devices...

There is All electronics in the valley, but looks like they just have the more common ones
Voltage Regulators | All Electronics Corp.

You may run up against that at any other surplus electronics place

Frys carries voltage regs, but they seem to have pretty empty shelves lately although I was able to get a bottle of flux there (last one) just before Christmas.

I also have been to Signal Electronics in Torrance.

BTW, you did verify there is no short on the output of the non working device?
Or remove the device, and hook it up off board to make sure the device is not really bad?
In my experience, this type of part rarely fails, its more likely to be a problem somewhere else.

Randy

Last edited:
Strike out on the LM1084 being available locally. I also drove to Fry's Electronics in Burbank.
The shelves are nearly empty. I asked an employee if they were closing and he said they are going to remodel.

My Digikey order of LM1084 chips should arrive today. Goodbye to the brick and mortar electronic stores in Southern CA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.