anybody done Lowther Ideal baffle (LIB)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've jus bought a pair of lowther PM6A's at a very good price. I already have other diy speakers, so I'm going to give them a try. I would like to do a simple box like the Lowther Ideal Baffle to start with.
Has anybody heard them? any measurments and plans for the cabinets?
This is what I found, and they use PM6A's:
Lowther Voigt Museum - Lowther Ideal Baffle
LOWTHER L.I.B‚ÌŽd—l ƒ��[ƒT�[/ƒ‰ƒEƒU�[
click on the image to see rest of pictures:
PM6A?Hi-Ferric / LOWTHER ???

Also lowther america recomends bass reflex enclosures such as the "minimonitor and micromonitor"
What do you think.
Thanks

No I don't

Also lowther america recomends bass reflex enclosures such as the "minimonitor and micromonitor"
What do you think.
Thanks

There is another seller of Lowther drivers in the US who recommends these enclosures, I do not.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about the Lowther Ideal Baffle. Would suggest that you try a simple open baffle to get the flavor of the PM6A. This will lack bass, but give you a taste of what it sounds like. If you decide you like it, go to my web site and look at plans for the open baffle systems that I designed.

Best,

Horns, or OB with bass augmentation

"What do you think."
Lowther works best in a horn,
look the Xmax only 1mm,
you will run in dynamic compression
in BR or OB below 1 Watt, take a simulation

I can't disagree with you here. But if you augment the bass on an open baffle, as done in my designs, this is not an issue. You can play pretty loud with one watt on a JE Labs OB if you want. Still no real bass, but it makes music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.