Another Use for Laser Level

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Speakerbuilders, I found another use for my Laser Level, as well as a place to store it away from sawdust. Mounted to ceiling above my tablesaw with it's quick release bracket, it projects red line onto the cut line of the saw. Reminds me to be careful.

Attachments

• laserline.jpg
    laserline.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 557
Of lasers and sawguards

Cal,

I commend your home shop safety awareness initiative.. although I suggest that a good quality after-market saw guard system is a far better preventative measure..

I have personal knowledge of 17 table saw amputation injuries on unguarded table saws-all experienced operators... Interestingly, I have never seen one where the saw is properly guarded...

Do It Yourself, but PLEASE, do it safely :>)

Respectfully,

HTRookie

I never allow my hands to be near moving cutters or moving machinery of any kind, ever. Heck, my wedding ring is around 5/64" thick, if I get that close to something I'm in trouble :bawling:
My approach toward the table saw (or any tool with alot of kinetic energy and injury potential) is to handle it like a firearm.
Learn how to operate it correctly, and follow correct handling procedures consistently. Never hurry. Always think before you do.
Learn about what not to do from books, not from personal experience.

Are you afraid?
Yes.
Not nearly afraid enough.

I never use the gaurd but I usually always use a push stick if the piece between the blade and the fence is less than 12" or so. I also never stand behind the piece that is between the blade and the fence. Getting hit with a high velocity projectile is not fun. :dead:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.