Another interesting Ebay item

Nuuk said:

So are they some kind of ribbon?

They are weird drivers, each of the "bumps" has a voice coil embedded in it and rows of bar magnets in back drive the thing. They are dipolar though. I've heard them called ribbons but personally I think that stretches the definition pretty far. has some info about them but I'm not sure where exactly one would look, and I'm having trouble getting to the site at the moment.
I don't actually have any, but there was a little speaker building place near here several years ago that was putting them into various systems. They also did crazy car stuff for fun, and at one point they had a little Nissan Z car with the whole back end converted into a sub cabinet and horizontal arrays of (I think) 6 of those Dynapleats across each door. :bigeyes: