Another exotic Japanese fullrange (defunct Exact brand)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, this is a DIY project . . .

The enclosure (17 liters volume) is made from MDF, although a prototype shown below is in plywood.

The driver is a 12cm driver from the defunct Exact brand. Having heard both, I think these drivers are not as nice as the Feastrex drivers, but they are pretty nice. I love the looks of the enclosure. The ports are on the bottom of the enclosure.

That's all the information I have, unfortunately.

-- Chris

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What people won't do for a nice paint finish... ;)

My girlfriend is an artist-painter, she uses most of the time an dry primed underground and then starts to pour oilbased paint on them in different layers, then a water based paint.

What you'll get is a "water" motiv on the canvas, something I like to try someday.... But the rist of failure is high, and the cost (in time) to repair is great.

Yes, that particular model used a rectangular yoke because it's cheaper. You'll note too that the frame is stamped steel. The magnet is alnico 5-7, and it is quite a beefy one for a 12cm fullrange driver -- although not as large as even the smallest magnet that Feastrex uses.

That acoustic lens is definitely DIYable. The fins are made of bent plastic. They are inserted into slits cut into strips of wood, and they have tiny foam rubber spacers to keep them properly aligned. They could be held in place either with velcro or with embedded rare earth magnets.

-- Chris

Exact loudspeakers in Japanese online auction

Here is a rare example of a complete Exact loudspeaker system -- 16cm drivers, enclosures, acoustic lenses, "zoom ports" and EL control units -- at a ridiculously low starting price on Japan's Yahoo! auction site. (I can almost guarantee you the final price will not be anywhere near the starting price of 50,000 yen.)
I have not heard these particular loudspeakers but I have heard very similar loudspeakers, and despite the obvious problems with the enclosure (straight out of the 1970s!) I can assure you this is one wonderful sounding pair of speakers.

Exact Kingsway Loudspeaker System

The seller is a reputable audio shop that at one time had close relations with Exact. The condition is very nice, I'm sure.

-- Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.