Amp for Fostex T50rp Mk3 - Objective2 or other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am quite pleased with my Superlux HD668B headphones driven by an Objective2 amp.

Silly me, after many years of no loud music after my wife went to bed I tried the Objective2 amp and really liked it. Liked it so much that went looking for an under $200 headphone upgrade and found the Fostex T50rp Mk3

So the question is how will the Objective2 / T50rp combination sound?

Searching here I found conflicting reports.

I hope to get some good advice. DIY or kit is fine and I would prefer a budget under $200.

Last edited:
For under $200, I think you should go for the Marsh Headphone amp. Jackinnj sells boards and a kit of parts for the amp here: Tech DIY Company Store
His kit is strictly for the amp boards themselves, so you will still need a power supply, volume pot, connectors and case, but depending on how fancy you get, you should be able to do it for under $200 easily. You should also buy the Linear Audio article about it, but that is about $3 and well worth it.

Although I have yet to build one (hopefully this summer), the comments made by those that have built is so far tend to suggest that this amp is in a completely different category than the O2.. I have a few headphone amps on the go at various stages and am even thinking about trying to arrange a headphone minimeet and get some others opinions..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.