Alpair 6 p/m for a 3 Liter Vented Enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

I've been trying to source a full-range driver for my car's Bose speaker enclosures. I have heard many good things about MarkAudio drivers so naturally they have made my short list of candidates. These would not be tweeter assisted.

Unfortunately, each of these bass reflex enclosures has only 3 liters of volume (and a 4" diameter hole for driver mounting). Would I be OK running an Alpair in each enclosure? Also, two of these enclosures are in the doors of my car and are exposed to the occasional slammed door. Would this cause damage in the long run?

Another option is to go sealed but I would like enough bass presence to cross a small subwoofer at approximately 80hz or less.

I'm currently considering the Dayton Audio RS100-4 but I'm searching for better options.

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I've been trying to source a full-range driver for my car's Bose speaker enclosures. I have heard many good things about MarkAudio drivers so naturally they have made my short list of candidates. These would not be tweeter assisted.

Unfortunately, each of these bass reflex enclosures has only 3 liters of volume (and a 4" diameter hole for driver mounting). Would I be OK running an Alpair in each enclosure? Also, two of these enclosures are in the doors of my car and are exposed to the occasional slammed door. Would this cause damage in the long run?

Another option is to go sealed but I would like enough bass presence to cross a small subwoofer at approximately 80hz or less.

I'm currently considering the Dayton Audio RS100-4 but I'm searching for better options.

Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have the Dayton Audio RS100-8'S and I used them in a couple enclosures. Both were sealed. I am now working on a ported enclosure for them .They sound very nice but, missing the bottom end. They sound like a studio speaker not like a live speaker. They can take a beating for such a small driver. Also They don't seem bright and they bring out the upper details very nice. I could easy live with this speaker with very little issues. Cheers Jeff

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm probably going to check out the RS100-4's now but I'll consider the Mark Audios in the future. They have great specifications.

Jeff,

You mentioned in a previous thread (2012) that your RS100-8's were not great full-range drivers. Have you changed your opinion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.