ALEPH2 Power transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On the subject.....

I have two 35-35 625 Va ILP toroidals I would like to use for some aleph 2's .Do you think they will be able to hack it ?.... perhaps as a stop gap measure until I can save money for big trafos...?
having used some ILP toroidals in my alpeh 5s I am pretty sure they are under spec'd and are very well made. The 500Va's dont get hot at all in my A5s.

Dave

Don't worry about a volt here and there. I've got "Aleph 2s" that run on rail voltages anywhere from about 42 to 50V. The circuit is stable. There will be differences in maximum power output and in heat dissipation, but it's not the kind of thing that is going to make or break you.
After all, you wouldn't be so silly as to run the amp into clipping, would you...?

Grey

kilowattski said:
paradigmatik

I agree with Grey that a volt here or there will not matter. If you have 30 secondaries, why are you doing the calculation with 33 volts?

Maybe he pluged them in and when he plugs them in itis not actually 30-0-30 its ac 33-0-33 : O)

Just like mine when i plug my stereo in the am i get 18.4v rails at night time i plug it in and i get 19.7v rails weird eh :D

jleaman said:

Maybe he pluged them in and when he plugs them in itis not actually 30-0-30 its ac 33-0-33 : O)

Just like mine when i plug my stereo in the am i get 18.4v rails at night time i plug it in and i get 19.7v rails weird eh :D

Ever measured the mains throught the day with a DMM?

I've done it with a datalogger that tracked both voltage and frequency...they do vary you know. ;) 5% to 10% voltage change is within normal range.

Scott

ScottRHinson said:

Ever measured the mains throught the day with a DMM?

I've done it with a datalogger that tracked both voltage and frequency...they do vary you know. ;) 5% to 10% voltage change is within normal range.

Scott

Yes i know.. that is why i said what i said..

I have 2 trannys for sale really cheap too..

Made just for the Aleph 2's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.