Aleph-p 1.7 VS Pass X2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peter7 said:
Aleph-p 1.7 and Pass X2. which one sound better? is Aleph-p 1.7 already an X - amp ? How about the Bosoz ?

Hello Peter,
I never had a chance to compare the originals, but I have an AP1.7 clone, and a circuit which should be close to x2. see here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48428&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54826&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

The jfet stage sounds a bit more dynamicful, the AP1.7 more refined. It´s a question what you like? For rock I would prefer my jfet stage, for long jazz or classic listening an AP...

Best Regards
Adam

I think Peter is refering to the first version of X2, not to the second one that we actually don't know the schematics.

I would be interested in Mr. Pass opinion what were the sonic diffrances between P 1.7 and X2 (first version). Unbalanced and balanced.

Bartek

Re: Re: Re: Aleph-p 1.7 VS Pass X2

jh6you said:

It is interesting info.
By the way, the rock music is always loud. And, what kind of classic music? E.g. quartett...?

Regards

I prefer always clear structures, independently which kind of the music.

zygibajt said:
I think Peter is refering to the first version of X2, not to the second one that we actually don't know the schematics.

I would be interested in Mr. Pass opinion what were the sonic diffrances between P 1.7 and X2 (first version). Unbalanced and balanced.

Bartek

I´m curious too for comparison with both versions of X2.

Adam

Hello adam, thank you for your info of the Aleph-P and very happy you can share your PCB layout and your experience, I think I will do Aleph-p!!

Adam , do you have any idea on the 10uf caps? dear !!!!

Thank you very much Adam , Mr. PASS and everybody.

Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.