Alarm Sound coming from Skar T2000.1D?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, never seen or heard this before, I have a Skar T2000.1D and when bench testing it, just power source, no audio. It pulses at a constant rate, with a sound that sounds like a alarm beeping, and flashing green light, then red light when beeping alarm comes on?? I can try and post a video on lunch break. Also , all diodes along mosfets feet, have a -241 reading? ? Nothing looks burnt . Someone please point me in some kind of direction. Thank you in advance.

-241 reading? Is that voltage? Referenced to what?
I'm not sure of that particular amp but likely the - speaker terminal would be a good reference for voltage measurement.
Have you checked for shorted outputs?
Diode check option on meter.Check between all legs of outputs for a short(constant beep from meter).

Also, this amp uses / has thicker gauge wire coming off the coils and run to a trace that taps into the Diodes on the actual rails, on both sides of the board. Is this a new technique or?? I've never seen an amp do this. I have other Skar Audio T series amps, and only this one has it. That I'm aware of.

Pic

Attachments

• 20160618_144419.jpg
    20160618_144419.jpg
    938.2 KB · Views: 53
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.