Active crossover dirty slope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
crossover ART 311

Yes, Please help!!!
I bought this crossover(cheap) Knowing the SLA-1 and DIO success, I hope this also would be a success.
the upper range of the woofer has distortion, harmonics resembling the resonance of a filter. It almost sounds like the highs are trying to fight the filter. The lower limit of the tweeters is doing the same although not as noticable. It is not terrible when both drivers are up but it's not very nice either. The thing should be set at 800Hz because it's more like PA gear than studio gear.
I am stubborn and would rather make it nice than to walke away and buy another one. I am a newbie but I am good with my soldering iron and follow instructions well.
At this point I do not have schematics just digicam.
It has all jrc 2068 opamps (14). No decoupling caps close to opamps.
Interesting!!
Just now, while inspecting circuit, I noticed two circuit traces appear to have been cut intentionally. They are both on ch2. Also one cap has been soldered in. I can see a differnt type of solder.

Slope

I am sorry for my ignorance. It seems that there is no explanation except that the drivers I had were not designed for two way as I had been informed. The gentleman who sold me the vintage wharfedales said "Gee... maybe they weren't two way after all" This was following my persistence that he was mistaken. I broke down ordered some nice drivers.
On a lighter note. Everything I have experimented with(even worst case) is much more transparent and detailed than music store active monitors.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.