Active and Passive Speakers Together

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, can I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I am new :D

I have a 2 way stereo active crossover. I want to run the signal firstly into an equaliser, and that then goes to the crossover.

Now from the crossover I am taking my Bass output to an active Subwoofer and then into an amp to power a Passive sub.

The Treble part of the crossover, I am going to take to an active top, then another active top, and then to an amp which wich will power two passive tops.

Can this be done, in respect to linking the two like that, ie the actives and the amps?

If you are wondering why I have this much kit, it is for a Battle of the Bands.

If it makes it easier, pm me and ill give you a number so we can discuss

Thanks in advance guys.

Dom

It depends @ which frequency it is set to split the audio band.
Active crossovers are used to maximize dynamics ,skipping the passive components that are used to divide the audio band for specialized drivers
(woofers ,mids and tweeters).Subwoofers are helpers ,very specialized in the lowest octave.It is good to have them active because a lot of energy is required,and also a custom amp and lowpass/phase/equalization circuit for a given kind of driver . If you choose the right "flavors" at first ,this means also the room or space where the system plays ,you don't need an equalizer ,it is just another bunch of electronics that go in the signal path.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.