active 2 ways with SPH-165KEP and Fountek neocd 3.0

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody :)

i'm currently begginning my second DIY pair of speakers, here is what i planned for the moment :

2 ways MT , bass-reflex ,with SPH-165KEP as a mid-woofer and Fountek neocd 3.0 as a tweeter

crossover : Active 24db linkwitz riley phase perfect crossover as described on the ESP site, crossed at 2.5 khz, though not sure about that .

I'm currently doing some testbox for the SPH-165KEP, trying to find the best bass-reflex configuration, and i don't have the fountek yet

What i wonder is, is this a good choice of drivers, as i'm pretty a newbie for integrating drivers together, or should i choose a more traditionnal tweeter ? i'm really curious about all this ribbon hype, and would like to make my own advice

so what do you think ?

Mess? Hardly. Mating a smallish bass/mid with a ribbon is the way to go. What you will end up with will probably surprise the heck out of you.

If its any consolation, I'm currently torn between getting the Founteks (JP3) and the Aurum Cantus G2Si. From what I understand they're almost interchangable.

Mark

great !

the two things i was wondering were, first, could i meet a coherency problem between the two drivers ? ("speed",cone material)
and second, what the neocd 3.0 is worthing ? i've heard around that it was not a "true" ribbon because of the "enforced sandwich" material ... i don't really care as if it is a "true" ribbon or not, i wondered if anyone had listened to them, and if they compare with the true ribbons JP 3.0 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.