6" to 8" woofer on door

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to mount as large a woofer on my car door as I can so as to mitigate the need for a separate sub if possible. I have roughly .75 cf of volume and should be able to fit up to an 8" driver. This will have to extend maybe as high as 300hz to cross over with the full range driver I'm using. I'll do whatever I need to for the door to work as the proper enclosure. The part of the door is forward of the window and can be sealed from the weather and hopefully any leaks. Porting it would also be an option.
So my question is, what have you done like this in a door or other similarly size enclosure? What drivers did you use and why? Any suggestions to tame the thin sheet metal of a door besides DynaMat and MLV? All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression an Aperiodic enclosure was a vented box stuffed with fill. I suppose the membrane that is referred to in the link is or can be fill. 0.75cuft for a 6.5" or 7" should be plenty volume for sealed or vented. I need to get the door off so I can get more particulars and start walling the area off.
I couldn't see any pics of your installs on that link, do you have another one?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.