3 Amps Hooked up to 10 Speakers

djYappa

2016-03-10 4:50 pm
It's been a while but I was Dj'ing at an event and bc of the distance I travelled a separate sound guy was hired, the guy set up 2 stacks of 5 speakers 2 18"Subs 1dbl15"Mid and two full range 15" tops, I was in awe when I looked at his amp rack and it had 3 amps going into one little metal peavey box R/L and then he had a speakon brancing out with 5 outputs each going to the two sets of speaker, I would like to know what this device is.

Sounds like it was a tri-amped system, one amp for 15" mid-highs, one amp for 2x15 kicks, one amp for 2x18" subs.
One splitter box each side: NL8 goes in (amp rack has NL8 out), 3x NL4 comes out, wired to 1+/-, 2+/-, 3+/- of the NL8. Chances are it'd be the subs on 1+/-

Nothing spectacular or even unusual, I suspect.

Chris

djYappa

2016-03-10 4:50 pm
Makes Sense

never even thought about him using a NL8 cable, had to be why the box was so small, I had only seen that in his system, and I've done events for the past 14 years small to huge systems. He did seem to be a neat freak bc every wire was cut to perfection, no extra slack in the rack, and the wires splitting off like that meant he only used two sets of wire.