12V to +&- 30 to 35VDC SMPS Miniature

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
12V to +&- 30 to 35VDC SMPS Miniature Capable of driving a 40W class AB amp.

Hi I would like to have some advice on the viability of what is suggested in my topic.

I will start flat out saying I have no SMPS experience, but know my way around my workbench (or as it is known, the floor - I have a large unused conventional one too) well.

I tend to learn at my best when I have a pratical intended goal, and this time I have it.

I appreciate any assistance...

I would like to know a few things...

Which ICs would you look at if such a project was viable.

What size would you consider would be the smallest viable...

Scale of 1 to 10 how hard would it be...?

I thank you for your time, ladies and germs.

Nico

Hi

Maybe you should post this in Car Audio section, but now that you are here...

This could be your guide, this is too powerfull for what you want so you can make it smaller.

Sg3525 or tl494 are the ones most times used. You can use any other too. You could make it unregulated, this means that you wouldn't have output inductor, no feedback, smaller caps.... all this would save space.

For fets you could use only one pair of IRFZ44N or similar, for output diodes MUR(S)4xx or similar.

Don't know what you will go for core, but since there is low power amp to be driven you could use cores like ETD, EE,... or toroid, or what you get your hands on
This board can be very small if you can use SMD parts, maybe 7x7cm or smaller

How hard it would be? If you have time, it won't be hard at all

Hi Nordic,
Once you stuffed me with nice LCD totourial so now I`ll try to help :)
May be here you will find something intresting for this your project and your future SMPS projects.
Also if your intresting in SMPS, try to find a

Switching Power Supply Design (2nd edition)
Pressman, Abraham I.
Hardcover - 600 pages
McGraw Hill Text, ISBN: 0070522367

Quiet good & simple to read book. This book was climed as ``SMPS Bible`` Here is .djvu format Switching Power Supply Design (2nd edition)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.