• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

12v/24v RIAA MM preamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It has been awhile. I haven't done much with the 6bm8 amp yet but I do have the 12ax7 tubes for the RIAA phono stage.

I don't have the HV 250+ supply yet but I want/need to create a RIAA phono preamp for my R25XT magnetic cartridge as my only preamp in my SSM-1250 DJ mixer is kaput. (the mixer got damaged by a power surge that left skid marks on the audio board. some traces are disintegrated. Might even tubeify the thing later on.

I want to build a RIAA preamp that uses 12Vdc or 24vdc power supply to provide preamp/riaa for my cartridge. Is there such a circuit? Looked on the net but I didn't see a low voltage RIAA circuit but I do have a few standard 250+v ones that I wonder if I could modify to do the job.

It has been awhile. I haven't done much with the 6bm8 amp yet but I do have the 12ax7 tubes for the RIAA phono stage.

I don't have the HV 250+ supply yet but I want/need to create a RIAA phono preamp for my R25XT magnetic cartridge as my only preamp in my SSM-1250 DJ mixer is kaput. (the mixer got damaged by a power surge that left skid marks on the audio board. some traces are disintegrated. Might even tubeify the thing later on.

I want to build a RIAA preamp that uses 12Vdc or 24vdc power supply to provide preamp/riaa for my cartridge. Is there such a circuit? Looked on the net but I didn't see a low voltage RIAA circuit but I do have a few standard 250+v ones that I wonder if I could modify to do the job.
Yes there is :
DC10 32V to DC ±45 390V 780V Dual Output Adjustable Converter Capacity Charger | eBay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.