Welcome to the diyAudio.com Wiki
Most diyAudio members will be completely unfamiliar with the concept of Wiki, so a good and easy to understand explanation is in order. A Wiki is a website where you
can edit every
page. That's right, every
page! See the link [Edit this document]
on the bottom of this page? If you click it you can edit this page. But don't edit this one, edit the SandBox page
. Before you say it won't work, read WhyWikiWorks
Why have a Wiki? A Wiki lets you create web pages. Do you want to write a how-to guide on BuildingTheAlephX?
amplifier? Or create a list of EnglishTranslations
for people that don't speak english but want to understand our slang terms? A Wiki makes these things a piece of cake.
- WhatIsAWiki. Background on the strange concept of being able to edit every page.
- How to create & edit wiki pages
- SandBox. Test your wiki editing skills here.
- FormattingRules. To learn how to format your edited text.
- RecentChanges. Changes made on this site recently. Wiki page authors should keep an eye on this!
- WantedPages. These are pages in the Wiki which are named, but don't yet exist. They're also a great way for you to get started with Wikis!
- WikiAuthorGuide. If you are planning on editing the Wiki please read this document first.
The Wiki has been reworked and ordered into a more categorical fashion. Please try to keep the format the same for any new categories. Also, please try to use as many links to the internal Wiki as possible in your definitions and articles. Try to keep articles under the article headings for each category and out of the actual topic page to avoid clutter at a later date when the knowledge base becomes larger. These aren't enforced rules but they ensure (in my eyes) a healthy future for the DIY Audio Wiki.
Mike (a.k.a specialx)
DIY GuidesClick here for helpful tutorials on getting started in DIY audio, DIY construction techniques etc.
AmplifiersClick here for more on amplifiers
LoudspeakersClick here for more on loudspeakers
VideoClick here for more on video
Audio Sources - Digital & AnalogueClick here for more on audio sources
Car AudioClick here for more on car audio
Everything Else (mostly Group buys)Click here for more on everything else
Vintage AudioInformation on vintage kit
GlossaryClick here for an explanation of technical terms
See also EnglishTranslations
Members' DIY Projects