What is going on with HifiEngine?

For registered users trying to get back in after the passwords were deleted and have a different email address, you can go through contact > user account > username / password. Fill out the contact page shown below.

HFE_contact.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I had a few scary moments with mine, it just kept saying invalid password which it wasn't. When I reset it there were more issues with invalid characters. Knowing all the problems others have had my first thought was 'Oh great, now its happened to me'.

Previously I had my annual quota (30 downloads) exhausted.
Today I decided to check if that password reset has affected also the quotas - and actually I could download a manual again.

Seems like they have rearranged their quota management - now they write in FAQ:

https://www.hifiengine.com/faq.shtml#t175n15652

"There are daily, weekly and monthly limits to the number of files you can download based on account name and IP address.
The limits are dynamic, constantly under review and based on a score determined by factors such as server load, IP address (some ranges are prone to high levels of abuse and are throttled), behaviour (using VPNs and proxy services may downgrade your account) and your level of contribution to the library."

If it lasts so then it is a positive change.