Thread notifier suddenly stopped... no emails

To better clarify the mechanism described above.
When you post in a thread you are automatically subscribed to it and automatically receive e-mail notifications when someone replies to that thread.
But, until you log-in, you will only receive 1 notification e-mail and not the subsequent ones for any other replies.
Until you log back into the forum.
This is the logic I already described above.
Until you log-in again you will only receive 1 e-mail related to that thread, which obviously cannot (and indeed does not want to) be related to the most recent post in that thread.
Hoping this help.

I think what we both are saying is that we will go to the forum as soon as we get the update, notification or email (however you wish to name it) from diyaudio about the new numbers on the list, then suddenly we will not get any without us doing anything that prevented us from getting the next notification. Then it will dawn on us that we have not gotten a notification in a day or more. Only by going to a prior notification can we see that there have been a new number(s) on the list. In fact, we will have been getting automatic updates to the list then suddenly we won't.

I think what we both are saying is that we will go to the forum as soon as we get the update
I'm saying that it is not an update.

That's just an e-mail notification of the first reply that was posted on that thread after you logged out, not the last one.
And if you don't log in again you won't get any more.
And If you didn't log in anymore, you wouldn't receive any more e-mail notifications about that specified thread.
And you would only have the first one, you will never receive the last one, only the first one, until you log in again.

You think that's an update, but that's not, it just tells you that at least 1 reply has been posted since you logged out.

Ultimately, it's a very simple mechanism, it just needs to be realized in its semplicity. :)

Otherwise what would be the point of this? ;)

sshot1.png

I didn't log out. The only time I am ever logged out is when my computer is rebooted, which is seldom. As soon as the reboot is done, I log back in. In essence, I am never logged out. What we are saying is that while logged in, out of the blue we will stop getting emails from diyaudio about this forum.

jaxboy, I can confirm that for me it happens exactly as described above, and in other places it's just the same.
However, I'm sorry to hear that from you, but I can't know what exactly happens there.
Anyway, I believe you are finally in the right thread for your issue, as I had suggested doing a few week ago.
:)