SB acoustics RDC29 "dimple dome"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First of all, don't know if this is the right place to post this.

And second, I don't recommend to buy anything from Europe-audio (now loudspeakerfreaks.com i heard)

I bought 2 pairs of this fairly cheap, outstanding tweeter. And one was already used and broken (voice coil scratches against magnet) and I've contacted europe audio many times (Maybe 10-15 times) but they didn't even bother to care to answer e-mails or phonecalls!

Here I am more then a year later and still nothing so i was thinking why not share some gut n blood pics? I've never seen a SB29 opended up so why not? :):D As maybe some of you know, they are glued to together so only way to see one inside is to cut it open and that's what i did.

This tweeter on SB Acoustics homepage:
SB Acoustics ::

Attachments

• DSCN4732.jpg
    DSCN4732.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 694
  • DSCN4735.jpg
    DSCN4735.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
that's just horrible.

and how come that soft dome popped out?.not from the shipping?

No, I cut it opened cuz the tweeter was just laying around for months... i couldn't even listen to it. SO the tweeter looked alright at arrival but i instantly saw and heard that something was wrong (horrible distorsion) didn't even bother to measure it or take a impedance sweap. I thought ofcourse i'm gonna get a replacement from Europe audio..

No, after getting 4pcs of Seas woofers with totally different manufacture year (even though i requested same production week. And 2 pcs of SB17 that seemed they came from a dusty chamber ala 1842 and no support at all, i had it.

When others can do for about same price (thx to intertechnic germany) then there is no excuse anymore to shop from that crappy shop!!

Anyway i thought you guys over here would like too see it inside. I think it's interesting and i've learned alot here so why not share something back =)

they looks like usual tweeters imo :confused:

Here is 3 pics of a VIFA DX25 i bought from them too 3 yrs ago. Pics was taken right after package was opened. I've noticed rust right away. Normal??

it's normal if they've been stored in humid storage..you can use some liquids to remove the rust (i forget the name of the liquid)

Last edited:
I think this is the only SB29 dimple dome I've seen been opened up. I like that there is copper ring, (like stated) and most cornes have a 45 degree angle (more or less) and it looks well thought out. Only thing i got surprised about is that there is no ventilation holes in voice coil former ??

The "dimple" was press glued to the middle plastic nose with some sticky glue.

This tweeters have a whole another speed and resolution than the VIFA DX25... I had Swans planar ribbons before this and well, they sounded good also but so hard to get them to cooperate with SB17 and also Seas U18. With SB29 it sounds much more coherent and lower mid is a whole lot more distorsionsfree and clean.

Since this tweeter does not use ferrofluid, + it is well ventilated through the pole plate, there is no reason for voice coil former perforations (it is used with "flat-top" pole piece tweeters with ferrofluid, to reduce air compression effect underneath the center dome)

Last edited:
This tweeters are sweet, whatever i throw at them in electronics they show how good or bad different electronics can be. They really like tube gear. I had many many tweeters over the years and no one have stayed more than a few months. It have been Seas Excel Millenium, Excel T25, Dynaudio Esotar, Focal TC120 and TNB, Swans RT-H, Scan-Speak 9700, Ringradiator, 6620.

For price they are unbeatable. They are like a blend of all above tweeters. The better electronics the better sound by a big marging compared to other tweeters under 100euros.

I really like to try the new Satori TW29. They gotta be good =)

I`ve ordered from europe-audio several times, mostly woofers, they`ve all been fine. The e-mail unresponsiveness however is something they should improve, I agree.

The SB papyrus cones are quite nice, breakup is hardly noticeable. I suspect the Seas reed cone to be similar in structure ( have not had one side to side for comparison ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.