My DIY UCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SSassen,
You assumed many things on your own which is not my fault, my response was in context with banning of Chris, since he is no more on the forum, hence his profile shall rest in peace. So flogging for you for blowing the thing out of proportion on your own.

On the lighter note "what did he wrote"........ getting an email from a deadman[on forum] is very interesting. :D

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Are you serious? Did you read my post #40, I specifically asked whether you meant he was deceased. You didn't bother to reply, hence I investigated on my own.

So I'm sorry, but this is on your plate, the fact that Bruno bothered to reply here with a 'WHAT?' shows that I'm not the only one taking RIP for what it normally means.

So Kanwar, please stop digging a deeper hole for yourself, you should either have not phrased it that way, or you should've bothered to reply to my query in post #40.

This is proven design based on classd4sure design. Modified capable for PA, can be supplied up to 90Vdc, tested on live music in Jakarta. Thanks buddy.

Power output?
With 90Vdc think what you get yourself.

Wow! Lot of good work on the modulator! Thanks for sharing!!

Can you also share your findings on the difference in sound quality with a differential input stage? Where is the difference most felt?

I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Replace U1 and U2 with LME49724/ OPA1632
2. Replace POT2 with an active DC Servo
3. Take this design forward to full-bridge using a single supply.

May be you have already thought of the above and are already doing it. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Forget update, R20 and R21, both are 680 ohm
This amp is intended for Pro Audio. Anyone seeking big muscle UcD Amp. This is the answer.

Also replace Q10 and Q11 with better at least 200mA and 300V like 2SC3790 or 2SC3503 will improve a lot of sonic quality.

Remember.... this is PA, dont ask THD or else. Not my concern.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Wow! Lot of good work on the modulator! Thanks for sharing!!

Can you also share your findings on the difference in sound quality with a differential input stage? Where is the difference most felt?

I have a couple of thoughts:

1. Replace U1 and U2 with LME49724/ OPA1632
2. Replace POT2 with an active DC Servo
3. Take this design forward to full-bridge using a single supply.

May be you have already thought of the above and are already doing it. What are your thoughts?

Of course better op amp will improve a lot.
DCO is not big issue. But without that circuit DCO here is killer. This is the secret actually. I have fullbridge version also. With symmetric circuit this is very easy to do.

I look forward to it.

One question:
If PCB space and cost is not an issue, then in full bridge, is there any sound quality difference if the two output filter coils use separate cores? Or we get better results if we wind them on a single core?

Thanks in advance!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.