Fusion 253 single 250 channel enough for 15"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Have been using 1-Coldamp Bp4078, plus 1-Hypex Ucd400ST with a SPS30 power supply, to drive a single 15" woofer, and four tang band W4-1757SB mid/full rangers for a guitar amp. The system was great except for some high frequency beaming. The W4's get laser beamy above 5khz. Certain synth notes would be drilling into folks foreheads at the back of the club. The new plan is to add a Beyma CP/21F in the middle of the line as an MMTMM, with the outer mids rolled off on the high end (6db/oct LP) to keep the combing down. The 15" (B&C 15NDL76) will be in its own enclosure, with a short pole to a narrow enclosure, a la, ElectroVoice Evolve 50.

Question is; If the CP/21F is handled by the 100W channel of the Hypex Fusion 253, and the 4-W41757 by one of the 250 watt channels, does the remaining 250 watt channel have enough power to move that 15" speaker, at 8 ohms? The speaker has an Re of 5.3 ohms. I am guessing 200-ish watts at 8?

Plan B would be to use the SPS30 and Ucd400 for the bass cab, and the Fusion 253 for the 5 speakers, 2/2/1. Was trying to simplify the wiring and setup by just using the Fusion 253...

Thanks, W

Finally found a real spec sheet for the NC252MP - 200@8 ohms - Looks like the 15" will give me 95db. at 7 meters with 10 db. of headroom. The Ucd400 + SPS30 only gets me one more meter of reach for a lot of complication. Guess I'll try and see how it survives live...
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.