DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Ok rehana, I'm giving it a try.
My question is, where to I have to solder the pins for SPI (MOSI, CLK, CS, DC, RESET) ?

Given that Chatgpt says
#define OLED_MOSI 11 // Pin SPI MOSI
#define OLED_CLK 13 // Pin SPI SCK
#define OLED_DC 9 // Pin DC
#define OLED_CS 10 // Pin CS
#define OLED_RESET 8 // Pin Reset

// display object
Adafruit_SSD1306 display(SCREEN_WIDTH, SCREEN_HEIGHT, &SPI, OLED_DC, OLED_RESET, OLED_CS);

const int lrclkPin = 2; // Pin LRCLK
const int usbPin = 8; // Pin input USB
const int coaxialPin = 9; // Pin input COAXIAL
const int bluetoothPin = 10; // Pin input BLUETOOTH

so, bluetooth is 10 (as CS?) coax is 9 (as DC?), etc.

edit:

WOW! I corrected him, and gave out

#define SCREEN_WIDTH 128
#define SCREEN_HEIGHT 64
#define OLED_MOSI 11 // Pin SPI MOSI
#define OLED_CLK 13 // Pin SPI SCK
#define OLED_DC 9 // Pin DC
#define OLED_CS 4 // Pin CS
#define OLED_RESET 8 // Pin Reset

// Crea un oggetto display
Adafruit_SSD1306 display(SCREEN_WIDTH, SCREEN_HEIGHT, &SPI, OLED_DC, OLED_RESET, OLED_CS);

const int lrclkPin = 2; // Pin LRCLK
const int usbPin = 10; // Pin input USB
const int coaxialPin = 6; // Pin input COAXIAL
const int bluetoothPin = 7; // Pin input BLUETOOTH
As I suspected the display is a chinese one with the option of changing the format between I2C and SPI as mentioned on the PCB (R8, R9).

You have probably used Gpt3.5, its a good AI but all the parameters have to be provided by the user through prompt, better the prompt better the result.

To get the best result of sample rate check your USB interface if it has Amanero/XMOS pins like F0,F1,F2,F3 or alternately you can use an AK4118 module.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...7Mdx770Z&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

I am using one such with @miro1360 TDA1541 DAC and its pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user
Few pages back I did post a project along the same lines, you can give it a try.

Post #8,276

For expanding the input option you can give the CPLD project a try.
Let me see if I understand correctly. You were able to pull out the sample rate from lrclk pin (also at DAC input), right?
And to get printed the input port, it goes from the switch board with LEDs, so question of what pin is high/low, right?

Key is exactly pulling out the sample rate at DAC input, and not at the output of every input port.

Thank you

The original inspiration to get the sample rate display was after I bought this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002981762996.html

but yes LRCLK does carry the "sample rate". If you are using @miro1360 switching circuit then depending upon configuration you have the option of 3 inputs or 2 inputs and 1 Output.

LRCLK is to taken from "output" of switching board. Now each board (if I remember right) has 3 LEDs, whichever input is selected the corresponding LED will turn on, and that is "High" status, you can choose either not to solder LEDs and connect those wires to Arduino or connect the LED and solder the wires from Arduino to switching board LED pins.

Personally I found the idea of connecting too many board cumbersome, thus I chose an AK4118 board which gives me all these option.

Yes, for me it looks something else.
I have miro inputs board, which has only 1 output. To use the switching board you mentioned, i would need 3 separate outputs going into the switching board, and i could easily implement what you say.

What i can control, in the miro input board, are the jumpers for spdif/optical, and one for usb power. i need to have 10 minutes table time how to cable all this with a DPDT switch, yet having a LOW or HIGH signal at the significant pins. Give me some time :D

Sorry @Michelag, I've been a bit busy lately so I'm not on the forum (I was even in Italy for a couple of days).
You must correct your PCB, I used the same ones I made for my hybrid amplifier with some corrections. It's important that you see how they should look. You have to miniaturize the CCS traces, I made them partially in SMD to make them as small as possible.
In this case, the tube was 6S4P, but it is important that you get an impression of how the PCB should look. Otherwise, the scheme is the same, instead of 47K you put Riv and a film cap in parallel with it.
Hey Grunf, I prepared a V2 of that board, wanted to ask for your opinion, how it looks with miniaturization

Attachments

• PCB_PCB_Tube_CCS_AD1862_1_2024-06-13 (1).png
    PCB_PCB_Tube_CCS_AD1862_1_2024-06-13 (1).png
    16.9 KB · Views: 34