Acoustic Horn Design – The Easy Way (Ath4)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the reply.
I think there's no reason why you couldn't simply trace the contours of the STLs, as most CAD products probably have an STL import function.
I had never had a good experience with importing *.stl files, although following the help (Solidworks).

My recommendation would be to start with a suitable existing adapter and only modify the mounting, preserving the air path, if possible.
That may be a good option, but this is even more unrealistic, because I would need to be able to edit the imported *.stl file, and as noted above, I had not had much luck with the imports.

Kindest regards,

M

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Marcel

would you mind to explain it
You can see the inner shapes of the adapters here: https://at-horns.eu/gen2.html
Those are Bezier splines, simple as that. Of course always optimized via BEM, including the whole waveguide.
There's not a straight cone anywhere (anymore). As a result, the acoustic impedances seem more "polished", probably a good sign.

The "ROSSO adapter", right from the printers :)
(two different printers used, 0.6mm nozzle for the adapter, 0.25mm for the ring) -

rosso-1.jpg
rosso-2.jpg

I still only need to check it fits as it should, some adjustment still may be needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You can see the inner shapes of the adapters here: https://at-horns.eu/gen2.html
Those are Bezier splines, simple as that. Of course always optimized via BEM, including the whole waveguide.
There's not a straight cone anywhere (anymore). As a result, the acoustic impedances seem more "polished", probably a good sign.
So you dont have R-OSSE parameters for ATH A250G2?

//

The common part (the main body) in combination with the standard 1.4" adapter make one pure R-OSSE profile - that's also how the basic performance is set. All the other adapters are then created differently - by connecting a spline to the common part, which gives a lot of flexibility. For those, there's no single R-OSSE curve.

Last edited:
Hello happy builders. I'm testing Chinese DSP car amp that has 6 or 8 channels 150W with PEQ/GEQ and crossover/delay - total price shipped 269$ with measurement mic, BT and remote. I took my STH280 monitor and corrected passive crossover. Next I will remove passive and reprogramm again. You can store as many "scenes" (configs) you like. Phone app is nice. Optical input and BT. Thorugh USB you can use autotune but it has only 2 target curves and it doesn't correct as good as manual way.

1715886460145.png

1715886514911.png

Black is with HF lift made of 3x GEQ with Q=0.5