• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The Betsy & Buck baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Over the past few months, I have had several requests for a speaker featuring the WBAL Betsy driver with a bit more bass extension.

The option has always existed to add another baffle (or two) with larger drivers that are powered by a plate amplifier or some other power amp with adjustable volume and frequency controls.

However, these requests specified that everything be included in a single pair of baffles with the same footprint as the current Betsy baffles.
After some experimenting, I settled on adding an Eminence Alpha 10" driver to the baffles which provides some quick and tuneful bass extension.

There are a couple of wiring options available for the Betsy & Buck baffles and the details can be seen here.

The basic concept of this speaker is a nice option for those in the DIY community who want a compact open baffle speaker that is pretty much full range.

Happy listening,
Randy

Thanks guys ..... :)

While this setup is not "home theater bass" by any stretch of the imagination, it is extremely tuneful and quick on well recorded music.

I recently had a couple of audio buddies visit me and we were playing some tasty jazz which included an acoustic double bass.

When a part in one of the songs came along that featured a bass solo, both of my friends looked over at me at the same time and said "WOW" .....

Enough said ..... :D

Best wishes,
Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.