• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Two Betsy Ks under the TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok - I have developed a visual design - approved by wife.
Now what acoustic solution could I fit in there?

Attachments

• stereo console.jpg
    stereo console.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 259
I tested the layout. An as expected the sound source is clearly to low down. I was surprised at how well the BetsyKs sounded in the test setup. I listened to a tone generator sweep by ear and could only detect issues at 300 and 3400Hz. Probably bumps and resonances. There was bass present even in this sketchy setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1401.jpg
    IMG_1401.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestions! I have tested them on music, and clarity is great, even without proper baffles. For imaging, I don't know if upwards tilt will help much. Sound will be more on axis with stronger highs, but the source will still be low down.
I have been playing with the idea of facing them upward with an omnipolar reflector. For a less directional sound that eminates slighty higher. But the smooth box will be broken up.

I've had some issues with this.

If it was for movies, I'd say a center would be just fine.
3 speakers across the front would look well.
Sound effects will seem lower than the tv though.

For music you are getting some bass boost on the floor (needed) when in a box.
And you don't have a midbass dip (floor bounce) when you get speakers off the floor.
Tilting up would give you some very highs if they are missing now when sitting down.

Room filling music ?
Or 2 speakers ?

many like the source to be a bit higher.
I havn't had stereo in a while, and the thing you see as my avatar sits under the tv.
But the tweet is closer to the bottom of the tv (or higher than a full range driver on the floor).

If firing up,you would probably need massive high freq boost if on floor.

But, keep us informed.

Good work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.