Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wild Burro Audio DIY full range speakers from Wild Burro Audio Labs

Old 19th November 2016, 09:58 PM   #1
Randy in Caintuck is offline Randy in Caintuck  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Stereo Times review of Betsy baffles

The Caintuck Audio Betsy baffles were recently reviewed in Stereo Times ...

The review can be found here.

My thanks to Frank at Stereo Times for the very favorable review and to Douglas at Wild Burro Audio for making the Betsy drivers available at a price that allows music lovers to enjoy some great sound without having to mortgage their home to do so .....

Happy listening,

Randy
Old 23rd November 2016, 06:28 PM   #2
geezerrocket is offline geezerrocket  United States
diyAudio Member

Randy;

I spoke with you about the Wild Burro Audio Betsy about 5 weeks ago.
I enjoyed our conversation, in particular, your candor and honesty were quite refreshing - Shocking even.

For those of you reading this, Randy actually told me because of my woodworking skill, equipment, and shop, that I should consider building my own bafles.

I also enjoyed our discussion on music as it pertained to the strengths and weaknesses of the Betsy.

Well, I received my Wild Burro Audio drivers from Douglas Stauffer yesterday. They arrived packed very well and damage free. Since they sat for several hours on my porch in sub 20 temperatures I resisted the urge to run a signal through them. I did however take a measurement of their impedance. Both measured exactly 5.5 ohms - I would say that qualifies as a matched pair!

I will build some baffles later next week and report back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161121_121016.jpg (898.8 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 20161121_120010.jpg (999.2 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg 20161121_121052.jpg (1,005.9 KB, 130 views)

Stereo Times review of Betsy bafflesHide this!Advertise here!