• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The Mini Me baffles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

YMMV but I'd expect the bass baffles to work better
the other way up (driver nearer the floor) and the
general shape being half of what you have vertically
with the wide section near the floor (so the reflected
shape with the floor is the same as the other baffles).

Quite a bit bigger of course, but thats OB's for bass.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2009
Shape of the baffle was at one stage investigated by Philips. Regarding tube amplifiers - I recently came accross a report that measured the distortion of amplifier together with speakers. Strange thing came out - tube amplifiers with speakers finished up having less totall distortion than expensive solid state amplifers with speakers.

Attachments

• Philips OB.jpg
    Philips OB.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 395
hi randy,

very interesting project. at what frequency do you cross the auggies? Reason i asked is that im currently testing an isophon ph2132e and orchester on open baffle. i run the ph2132e and orchester fullrange. my baffle width is 22in. 2 parallel auggies crossed at 100hz handles the bottom end. i like it so far.

aren't you lacking any mid bass output?

heres pics of my setup... the top most driver is not hooked up. its just there to cover a cut out.

regards

Attachments

• 20140730_170837.jpg
    20140730_170837.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 20140730_170853.jpg
    20140730_170853.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
hi Adason,

those are zaudio cables made by my good friend Igor. the best cables ive heard regardless of price.

heres a more detailed pic of the silver wires.. its design is about eliminating vibrations and air dielectric

Regards,

Attachments

• 20140730_184857.jpg
    20140730_184857.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20140730_184841.jpg
    20140730_184841.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 20140730_184821.jpg
    20140730_184821.jpg
    897.6 KB · Views: 154
hi randy,

very interesting project. at what frequency do you cross the auggies? Reason i asked is that im currently testing an isophon ph2132e and orchester on open baffle. i run the ph2132e and orchester fullrange. my baffle width is 22in. 2 parallel auggies crossed at 100hz handles the bottom end. i like it so far.

aren't you lacking any mid bass output?

heres pics of my setup... the top most driver is not hooked up. its just there to cover a cut out.

regards

Hi tubo,

Sorry about the late reply ..... I have been busy for the past few months and not checking the forums as often as I should ..... :rolleyes:

I have the Augies crossed over at around 60 hz. In my room that sounds about right to me.

Truthfully, if I'm missing any mid bass I don't notice it. Most of my music collection is pretty simple acoustic instruments and vocals and the tonal balance sounds dead on to my ears.

The custom 300B amplifier that is in use most of the time has a very nice presence in the mid bass, which probably helps.

I like your setup. It reminds me of one of my projects.

OBtower_room_small.jpg

Right now, I am really enjoying the "low boy" type of baffle. With the image just "floating" above, behind and to the sides of the baffles it makes for a very interesting presentation. The speakers totally disappear with most recordings.

Best wishes,

Randy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.