• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Betsy impedance plot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Only one way to find out.

Both, Tony Gee @humblehomemadehifi (Netherland) and Troels Gravesen @diy loudspeakers (Denmark) use the RLC filters a lot.

Unfortunately.........

Me three since it allows much simpler, easy to design XOs [series preferred], even 'textbook' ones in many cases, just that below ~250 Hz the insertion losses/sonic impact get to be too much according to Altec Lansing back when they were the reference, using them on their various 300 Hz - up theater horn systems.

GM

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Both, Tony Gee @humblehomemadehifi (Netherland) and Troels Gravesen @diy loudspeakers (Denmark) use the RLC filters a lot.

Maybe because they have free parts or they promote purchase from sponsors, or perhaps there is a benefit to it. As I said, only one way to find out.

people with advanced skills tend to prefer advanced methods

but anything you ad will mostly also have some negative sideeffects

and I have met a few people who would never think twice again about what they once decided works better :D

anyway, if you really know how to handle those RLC filters, they also make things easier
but it not something you just 'calculate' easily
just one bit off, and it could create problem

nice project btw :up:

what is the woofer ?

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
here are some promised fr responses for modified betsy
pretty self explanatory

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 205
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 211
  • b3.jpg
    b3.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 209
  • b4.jpg
    b4.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 208
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.