Metronome or other? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Manufacturers > Wild Burro Audio

Wild Burro Audio DIY full range speakers from Wild Burro Audio Labs

Old 7th August 2013, 05:56 AM   #1
aerodoc is offline aerodoc  United States
diyAudio Member

Question Metronome or other?

Greetings,

New to this group, but from what I've read online, I really like the Betsy and Betsy-K speakers. Great sound and great value.

Moving soon, not bringing any of my old stereo stuff with me (too big and old - ancient gear from the '90s). Going to build all new. Looking for really high efficiency (hoping to be able to use a SET amp eventually, probably starting out with a gainclone), so that steers me more towards the Betsy-K.

Has anyone put one into a metronome? Info can be found at frugal-horn.com. They have designs for metronomes with FR speakers from 4.5" up to 12". The Betsy-K seems a natural for this, but I still don't know enough about matching parameters, MLTL theory, etc., to be confident that I won't be tweaking for months to get something I can listen to. And until I have speakers and amp working, I'm listening to my Logitech Z4 system on my laptop.

I have a ton of other thoughts, things like building a metronome but making it triangular (no right angles inside, so no corner reflections and nodes - there will still be nodes, but not from corners and edges), or putting a large baffle around the speaker outside the TL to reduce (or even eliminate if things work out well) the need for a baffle correction circuit, etc. And while it's not right for the rooms I'm moving into, doing a bipole version with 2 Betsy-Ks per speaker also makes economic and audio sense, but would require more power. Finally, I started looking over the Metronome thread on the Full Range board of DIY audio, but at 107 pages (as of 8/7/13), it's a bit much to digest at one sitting.

Any advice appreciated, and looking forward to building stuff again.

Regards,
Martin
-----
Observe, predict, modify, repeat.

Last edited by aerodoc; 7th August 2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Fixing name of Betsy-K (was BetsyK), changed dipole to dipole

Hide this!Advertise here!