• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

NOS betsyk's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got some done today. After cutting the big stuff my back gave out. Cut for the biscuits. I know the pros and cons on this. Makes it easier for me to line up. I use lots of glue.:D Anyway making progress.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 189
Know this problem well! Doing gutters here is a long, one day job for one person, but I spend 3-4 hrs recovering from just a little while on a ladder, so it's been dragging on near two weeks now. :(

Never done any biscuits, I just line them up with a picture framer and blind screw and glue, then remove the screws and fill the holes with glue. For big, heavy cabs I add corner blocking.

GM

Yeah, I gave up racing along time ago. I have alot of old customers that I still help out.

I have the boxes glued as far as I can for now. Need to get foam. Here's some pics.

MK

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 158
Some more done today. Just need to make the top and bottom. I'm going to finish these before I use them. I still haven't finished the last pair.:rolleyes:
I'm not real good about wood finish procedures. I'd like to stain them darker. If anyone has ideas on finish/products/procedures, post up. I need all the help I can get.
Heres todays pic.

MK

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 135
Yeah, Birch should only be either clear coated or stained with a lighter color than the wood for best results.

That said, 'white washing' it with oil based paint of the desired color thinned with Penetrol has worked for me. I prefer to apply with 4/0 steel wool to better work it into the wood, but most folks either apply with a rag or brush, then rag wipe. Of course, only move with the grain one way, never across or back n' forth.

As for latex paint, I've only 'washed' White Pine using water or Floetrol to 'bleach' it and it required so many coats to get right with either one that I'd be reluctant to try getting a dark color evened out.

Regardless, only one way to know for sure, so a little experimenting on scrap with whatever paint/thinner you have on hand might yield an exceptable combination.

GM

Post 57 should say trouble-free choice. The dangers of typing in a dark room before coffee :eek:

Here are some pictures of Duratex on plywood. Two coats, no primer. Rolled on, covers well.

Attachments

• _DSC6513-adj.jpg
    _DSC6513-adj.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 57
  • LECBOS-Cab_DSC6503.jpg
    LECBOS-Cab_DSC6503.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.