• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

MLTL- Betsy k

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was up late last night to listen without outside noise. I tried cd's Dark side of the moon, Diana Krall, America, Stones, Doors. Lp's Beethoven, Steely Dan, Led Zepplin, The Who, and Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow. All sounded good. Floyd, Krall, America, Beethoven and Airplane were the best. I have some organ solo based lp's. I'll try them.

I dont have measuring tools for actual measurements. To my ears, the room gain took the Lf rolloff quite low. Even at lower volumes. I've been using my tube amp on them. I'll get my Marantz ss out and try it. I'm sure the ss will find any problems if there are any.

Mark

No, it's not, but the lower its motor mass corner [2*Fs/Qes] due to higher Qts, the larger the filter chamber and throat required, ergo the horn. The BIB is a simple approximation, but gives you some idea of the size required if not built into a corner such as the 'little' EV, Klipsch offerings in the '50s for 40-60 Hz Fs drivers.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.