• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

betsy in OB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi all,
i am planning for a OB speaker using betsy drivers. i have a doubt if such a design will work for a room of size 10x20 sqft. and the speakers will be placed in one of the corners separated by just 3-4 ft. is this setup good for a OB design? or should i go for closed box design using betsyk?

thanks
pranam

Pranam,

I think single driver OBs work best in small-ish rooms. Placement is always the problem. They take up a great deal of space. I've found that the distance to the back wall isn't a huge problem in practice. But, in some situations, OBs are not aesthetically tolerable.

If you think they'll fit, I'd try it. If you aren't happy, you can always use the Betsys in an aperiodic or open back box.

If you don't think they'll fit, take a long look at the Simple TL for the BetsyK. They'll give you much deeper bass than a sealed box, have a similar footprint, and aren't much more difficult or expensive to build.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.