• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Whizzerless Pic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a pic (overexposed) of a whizzless BetsyK that I just dispatched to Spain. I don't have any more in stock, but do let me know if you are interested in ordering such a thing. The official name of the speaker is "BetsyK-WOW", short for "BetsyK With Out Whizzer."

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Attachments

• BetsyK-WOW.jpg
    BetsyK-WOW.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
The DIYers disease is a highly infectious one!
I was very happy with my project of a two way, bass reflex, full paper cone, and with the super high slope passive Xover, but now , and I put the blame on Freddi, I feel a strong desire about the little Karlson Coupler as well. I think I'll need a standard whizzer Betsy K, sooner or later..

Last edited:

Attachments

• Betsy_With-WO_Whizzer.JPG
    Betsy_With-WO_Whizzer.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 159
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Paul, thanks for the graph. What do you think about pairing Betsy WOW with good tweeter like BG Neo3W, let say from 3.5kHz. That should take care of 3kHz bump and extent it really flat over 20kHz. Simple one coil one cap crossover. Both drivers on the open baffle, off course, tweeter with removed back plate. Plus sub probably.
Do you want me to try it? How fast can I get Betsy WOW?
ed

ed,

I've actually mentioned a similar idea to many folks. It'll be awhile before I could get another pair of WOW's. I'm well stocked right now, so it could be a couple of months (unless there is a sudden run on speakers!). So, I don't think I could do a sale priced WOW. If any of you out there do want a pair of WOWs though, let me know and we'll talk about it. Unless the garner a more steady interest, I probably won't regularly stock them. But, they are now a standard product and I you can special order them anytime.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.