• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

"They look cheap."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can't blame folks for buying based on looks. But I know, because some of you have told me, that you are wary of my speakers based on their lowly looks. But, have you priced a pair of these lately?

There ain't much wrong with steel baskets. Granted, mine aren't painted as pretty as the Altecs, but I think they are equally functional, and you can feel free to paint 'em any way you want! I compared them to some aluminum baskets, and if there is a sonic difference, it is tiny. The price is right on the steel, and I don't feel like I'm puttin' on airs. I don't much care for the look of baskets that greatly exceed the size of the cone.

Whizzers don't win beauty pagents either. But, you can spend a great sum on fancy drivers with whizzers. Again, I like mine. They aren't as big and silly as some others.

I'm trying to spend money where it counts, especially on the cone and quality assembly. I know, you are stuck shopping on line. But if you purchase my speakers, check out how well the parts are centered and how clean the glue lines are. It not just that they are made in the US, but that they are built by an excellent manufacturer. I've purchased ugly domestically made parts. These aren't of that ilk.

Finally, I want folks to be surprised by my speakers. I suspect that folks buy them thinking they are an entry level product. Then the sound shatters their expectations! Wouldn't you rather have that experience than "wow, that's shiny" followed by,"boy, I wish they sounded better!"

Wild Burro Audio Labs: Not just another pretty face.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.