NX150 Amplifier Modules Version One On Sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2007, 11:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default NX150 Amplifier Modules Version One On Sale

On Sale

2 x New NX150 Modules Version One
Fully Built and Tested
Complete with Assembly Manual.

$200.00US for the Pair + Postage and Handling

For EU Buyers That is Only 150.00 Euro for the Pair

or UK Buyers that is only 105.00 Pounds Sterling for the pair

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 3rd April 2007, 01:21 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

... these are great amp modules ... the Number One's are just fine, no worries, mate.

I have several and use 'em for all manner of rebuild / refit amp projects. Currently I have three keepers = left, right and sub woofer driving dual Maggie MMG planar speakers and a big ol' Pyle Driver sub ... listening to Santana's "SuperNatural" DVD-A as I write =
Old 3rd April 2007, 07:05 AM   #3
orto is offline orto  United States
diyAudio Member

Wow Magnepans. I live 3 blocks from the factory, my dad used to build and test them. Fond memories of those speakers! Anyways back to the point. If these are 200 for the pair assembled, how much would a pair be in kit format?
Old 3rd April 2007, 07:16 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi Orto

The NX150 kits version One sell for 93.00 Euro each
Old 3rd April 2007, 06:33 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Wow ... 93 Euros each, kit price, is like getting these two assembled modules for 80% of the cost of the kit of parts !! ... 150 Euros ... (If I didn't already have several, I would get 'em myself.)
Old 3rd April 2007, 06:56 PM   #6
orto is offline orto  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah very tempting, this would be my first build and assembled kits would probably be the smarter way to go. Assuming I don't botch anything up hooking up the power supply and such.
Old 3rd April 2007, 07:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have built a couple of the AV400 kits and promptly messed one of them up ... so since I have limited my orders to the modules. The aussieamplifiers.com modules are always as advertised = great, easy to deal with, unitized subassemblies, ready for installation. I have ripped whole circuit board sets out of older commercial amplifiers and substituted these modules ... with quite good results. The specs are great = low distortion, plenty of guts, a sweet sound and they run nice and cool = ideal for an amp that runs 24/7/365 without a hitch. ( http://3dotaudio.com/ampics.html )
Old 9th April 2007, 04:38 AM   #8
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Very NIce amplifiers Anthony. Looks like something good for a subwoofer..

Do they get hot ?
Old 9th April 2007, 04:57 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

I shouldn't speak for Anthony = he can carry his own water. I did manage to get one of the NX150 to heat up its sink to a point of burny fingers, but I was driving it real hard (+/0/- 67 VDC rails). It didn't start getting real warm until I began injecting a distorted square wave around 2.5K Htz and 75+ % duty cycle ( _----- _-----_-----_ ... plus some zero crossing distortion ... etc. ) It took the load quite well as the heat sink was also not as large as recommended. This is the interesting thing about power MOSFET technology, they don't get hot as they are not passing any significant current (power) until asked to do so = driven hard ...

As a sub woofer amp I do highly recommend it. I have had a single NX150 driving a sub woofer box for several months with no thermal questions at all and it really does sound sweet with plenty of guts for nice tight bass.
Old 10th April 2007, 01:12 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi Jason

How are you doing?

The NX150 modules under normal 4 to 8 Ohm loads and with music source do not get that hot at all.

Hide this!Advertise here!