DIY Enclosures LLC - a new chassis manufacturing company in the USA. - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th June 2007, 08:36 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

Received my 1712 chassis with the optional 2 mm top plate yesterday.
I have not had the time to assemble it yet, but from what I can see this chassis is really high quality!

I also ordered som polished knobs. Wow!! These are exceptionally well made, with an absolutely flawless surface! "I did not expect that", as Simon Cowell in American Idol would have said.

The chassis was very well packaged, and the polished knobs came in their own separate draw string pouches. (I suppose that the last word is not the correct one, but I think you all know what I mean.)

Shipment to Norway took only a few days. Highly recommended.
Old 15th June 2007, 01:43 PM   #82
diyAudio Member

Mike does make great enclosures. Now where are the heatsink versions? I really need them to finish my Greg Ball SKA amplifiers! I really don't want an alternative since my CAD program is ready to engrave on Mike's enclosures. Is there any way we can help? Preorder a minimum to make it worth your while?

Oh well...Anand.
Old 15th June 2007, 05:05 PM   #83
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Hmmmm. How does your CAD engraving work?

It has to frustrating having a business. You run out of a case and people go elsewhere for everything. You order a bunch of something else and no one wants it! Still, can't be good to leave people "unfulfilled" There is no doubt that there will always be a market around here for cases with LARGE heatsinks.
Old 15th June 2007, 06:31 PM   #84
eboz is offline eboz  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eboz
Sorry to not get back to everyone sooner, but I am super busy. It's possible that we could do a group order for the heatsink versions, but the price would be higher. The reason my prices are able to keep low is because of my bulk orders. To get a really good discount, you need to do a run of at least 100 chassis. Still... we can do allright with maybe 30 chassis, but less than 10 and it's just really expensive. Let's see how many people are interested in a preorder and I will see what we can do.

The reason I've not re-ordered the heatsink version is because I only have a slow trickle of orders for the other versions. I must have a steady sale of both for the business to work. So basically the sale of the normal chassis have not kept up with the heatsink versions.

FYI on the DIY-1712 model I am running out of two parts:
one left: blank black front panel version
two left: black ventilated top panel version
I still have a good stock of the other faces and the blank black tops. I have plenty of silver chassis all around.
Old 15th June 2007, 08:02 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb 1712HS chassis

Okay...now we're getting somewhere. What's the price of the 1712HS if only 10 are ordered? How about 30? How about 100? I remember it being ~$150 a piece. What costs are we talking now?

Mike, your chassis are great! My preference has been for a the black heatsink chassis with a silver or black front panel. Come on folks, let's preorder!

I'll be happy with (2) DIY 1712HS black ventilated chassis with either silver or black front panel. So we've got two so far.

Variac, my CAD engraving is all done on Front Panel Express.

Best,
Anand.
Old 17th June 2007, 07:59 PM   #86
eboz is offline eboz  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to eboz
I'll price these, but I think we can have a pretty low price as before. If I can get a preorder for at least 15 of the DIY-1712HS or DIY-1013HS, then I will make an order for 50 chassis. Do we have that many people interested?
Old 18th June 2007, 02:30 AM   #87
diyAudio Member

Default I'm interested

Put me down for at least (1) 1712HS enclosure. I'll ask around to get others as well...

Best,
Anand.
Old 18th June 2007, 08:40 AM   #88
h_a is offline h_a  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi eboz!

Is this the same heatsink as used before in the 1712HS? Because I hoped you would consider something more capable...

Cheers, Hannes

PS: I need to check first, but in case all fits, I would be interested in a 1x 1013HS and 1x 610 - but let me check first!
Old 18th June 2007, 09:46 AM   #89
h_a is offline h_a  Europe
diyAudio Member

Err sorry I meant, is this the same heatsink as used before in the 1013HS? Because I hoped you would consider something more capable...

The 1013HS is a keen candidate for ClassA-beasts, but that would mean 200W power dissipation capability...

Cheers, Hannes
Old 21st June 2007, 05:08 PM   #90
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to TurboFC3S Send a message via AIM to TurboFC3S
I'd be down for 3 1712-HS cases ... not being able to order a decent looking and built case is the only reason I haven't placed my order with SKA amps yet.

Hide this!Advertise here!