• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Custom enclosures / cases for your DIY projects

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Richard,

It's taken me a while to get those amps finished, but I have finally completed them today and would like to say briefly how superb I found the chassis.

It's simple, functional and a very well thought out design. It's rather expensive - but I like that because hopefully there won't be too many people with the same one ;) But seriously, the cost is well worth it for such premium aesthetics and build quality/finish. Not to mention, the service was great.

Vikash

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Sorry, my web server is a piece of crap, so the posted amp pics come down quite often...

Some have asked what I have in the chassis - UCD400AD, Dual 39VAC secondaries 700VA Antek Tranny, a basic soft start, two 56,000uf Mallory Caps (unbypassed - sounds good as is) and two heavy duty Kest KBPC 3506 Rectifiers.

Sounds excellent with my Bottlehead Foreplay III (now for sale) and Magnepan MGIIIA.

The FP has a bit too much gain for this setup, but sounds great....

Hi Arthur,

Somehow I missed the topic notification message...Apologies for not having replied sooner.

As for a slimmer case or at least one that's not as tall, there are no immediate plans for this. Reason being that we need to extrude new profiles for this and the vast majority of people are interested in building power or integrated amplifiers.

Obviously you are an exception to the rule but I feel that there would be a lot less interest in such a case which would make it very hard to break even on the costs for the dye alone.

We do plan to release a more modular type case in the near future which will be very high end as well, in fact it will feature 10mm thick panels all over !!!
This case is very easily adapted to a taller or shorter size.

I'll post some more info on these as soon as we have the prototypes finished.

Again many thanks for your interest and I hope that you're still a happy chap with the great looking class D power amps of yours. They are truly a work of art!

Regards,

Richard Krol

Yes. They are working fine. But I am suprised at the amount of heat coming out these class D amp. I have decided not to put 4 channels in one box. So, I will use the case for my preamp project. I will also need some shorted case for the power supply section.

Would your reference series match the existing series? A few pictures would be nice!

Hi Arthur,

The hypex modules are very low on heat emission, but obviously that's no good to you..

The reference series are a statement product to show what is possible with class D. These will be housed in the finest enclosure imaginable. I'm listening to them as I type this message and they sound absolutely wonderfull (but then I am biased of course..:) )

The reference series will not be available as a kit but is a fully asssembled plug and play product.

I'll post some pictures of these pretty soon and I will update the website as well. I'm currently finishing off the first batch of these and we want to make sure that all of the details are absolutely the best. We also need to finetune the packaging for these - that's just one of those things that need doing as well...Expect to see more in the next two weeks which is when we will be ready for final release.

The new DIY enclosures will feature a slightly different styling than the current series but we're still working on some details. Expect to see more details on these during next month or so.

If you need any help converting your current case to a preamp model then let me know.

Best regards,

Richard Krol

Alright then....one teaser pic :D

Attachments

• ref4.0 pic1.jpg
    ref4.0 pic1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 704
Richard,

Nice pics. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Here are a couple of pics of the first of two 5 channel builds. I'll be working on the mono amps as soon as I get the transformers from Hypex.

Attachments

• picture 051.jpg
    picture 051.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,270
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.