Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set....... - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2005, 05:27 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Physical dimension of PCBs?

Quote:
Originally posted by kiyull
Hi Thomas, thank you for your effort on the nice DAC.

We are designing new CD-PRO2 Player/transport enclosure using your DAC.

Would you please let me know the physical dimensions (size in cm) of PCBs since we have to decide which PCBs are enclosed in our transport?

Kiyull

Hi Kiyull

The main DAC PCB is very big. The tube buffer is big, too. If you want to put them into the CD-PRO2 box, probbaly the only option will be to put the power supply to another box.

BTW, it's very easy to directly feed CD-PRO2's I2S signals to the DAC.

-finney
Old 24th April 2005, 05:28 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas

Just sent an email to your yahoo account. I want to buy one set from you. Need to get other things from you, too. Not sure whether my email has gone to the junk mailbox?

Thanks.

-finney
Old 24th April 2005, 05:28 PM   #13
Illusus is offline Illusus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Nice, this may be my next project...after I complete my amps,pre and speakers...another two months(includes +60% for what ifs and oops)
Old 24th April 2005, 06:13 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Dear Ciao.T, finney, japjag & kiyull,

Pls check mail.

sorry to too late call back. approx 20sets of kits were pass QC test & on my hand already.

I accept paypal & will use EMS post to U, normally will 2~3 days clooect. Had tracking no to trace the parcel.

price will include all include posatge , no handling charge or any.

I will offer two small parts to all for the DAC.

I had approx 400 pcs wima MKP10 0.1uf 250V on hand.

I will follow with kit until all fully posted. This is free to U because I hope to hear the result for ERO & Wima.

Ciao.T, finney & kiyull,

U both help me & advise me a lot for the DAC. I will extra with one pcs of the test print 1541a PCB for self test. Ciao, Dr.John said U can advise more about the improvement of the DAC. The test print will help U a lot to funish the higher level one. Then U can compare with my dac. I was very excited to hear the improvement, more diyers will be same too......

this is my paypal email.

aasiu@netvigator.com

price I email to all of your account already..

Standard street price is USD 330. With posatge & all charge.

Hong Kong will had several show room for my DAC & hong kong diyers & travellers can go to test & advise me will be more appreciate.

Kiyull the size of the PCB.

1541a --- 15cm X 19cm

tube buffer---- 15cm X 19cm

Opa2604PCB--- 15cm X 8 cm.

RE-clock PCB was free to U for test only. But the PCB can breaker down to several small pcs. So it will not count in here.

Dear japjag,

I will give U one more pcs EZ80 to compensate the extra PCB that for both of my friend to test.

Digital cable.

1.5 feet Gotham 10070 Prof. digital silver cable.

1M ATM KA Japan mic cable ( very smooth sound)

1M Belden Silver plated signal cable ( more detail HF sound)
or
IM Japan Junkosha silver signal cable. This is a ultra fast digital Transmittion cable.I test they both good in Digital or the analoue output.
http://www.junkosha.co.jp/english/p...ital/index.html

Illusus. If U had any question about to design the DAC.
I was glad to share experience.

thx

thomas
Old 25th April 2005, 09:24 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Talking Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear finney,

I received your money from paypal already. I will prepare the full kit & will post to U on wednesday.

thx

thomas
Old 26th April 2005, 07:28 AM   #16
kiyull is offline kiyull  South Korea
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tube-lover

Ciao.T, finney & kiyull,

U both help me & advise me a lot for the DAC. I will extra with one pcs of the test print 1541a PCB for self test. Ciao, Dr.John said U can advise more about the improvement of the DAC. The test print will help U a lot to funish the higher level one. Then U can compare with my dac. I was very excited to hear the improvement, more diyers will be same too......

this is my paypal email.

aasiu@netvigator.com

price I email to all of your account already..

Standard street price is USD 330. With posatge & all charge.

Hong Kong will had several show room for my DAC & hong kong diyers & travellers can go to test & advise me will be more appreciate.

Kiyull the size of the PCB.

1541a --- 15cm X 19cm

tube buffer---- 15cm X 19cm

Opa2604PCB--- 15cm X 8 cm.

RE-clock PCB was free to U for test only. But the PCB can breaker down to several small pcs. So it will not count in here.

thomas
Hi Thomas, I sent money to above paypal account for two sets (for now). I need more in a few weeks.
Thanks,
Kiyull
Old 26th April 2005, 03:46 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Dear kiyull ,

I received your money ( two sets of Dac) from paypal already. I will prepare the full kit & will post to U on wednesday.
I had one question & hope U help me.
My free PCB to U( all buyers) had two re-clock on it.

74HC74 & 74HC4040.

Some of my friend test already & told me the 74HC74 had more Hifi sound. The two ending ( HF & LF) was extended so good. But 74Hc4040 will more easy to use, less extend but density of mid range will better/less hifi .

Btw, Finney & kiyull, I will sent one TCXO<2ppm. 11.2896 to U with one 74HC74 & one 74HC4040 to U to test. I hope U will get more information to more diyers ( include me) to improve more. This is DIY spirits.

I will inform U the detail the s/n for EMS.

Thx

thomas

thx

thomas
Old 27th April 2005, 01:07 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the TCXO. Want me to run jitter test for you?

Better try a few 74VHC instead. I will send you one 74VHC74 for test.

Oh, and I will post some photos of my version 1 later here.

BTW, kiyull, I have a DIYZONE CD-PRO2, heavily modded. Now I am planning to replace the e caps on the CD-PRO2 mainboard with polymer caps. Call me crazy! Is there any way I can see your design? Thanks.

-finney
Old 27th April 2005, 06:39 AM   #19
kiyull is offline kiyull  South Korea
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tube-lover
Dear kiyull ,

I received your money ( two sets of Dac) from paypal already. I will prepare the full kit & will post to U on wednesday.
I had one question & hope U help me.
My free PCB to U( all buyers) had two re-clock on it.

74HC74 & 74HC4040.

Btw, Finney & kiyull, I will sent one TCXO<2ppm. 11.2896 to U with one 74HC74 & one 74HC4040 to U to test. I hope U will get more information to more diyers ( include me) to improve more. This is DIY spirits.

thomas
Thanks Thomas

Quote:
Originally posted by finneybear

BTW, kiyull, I have a DIYZONE CD-PRO2, heavily modded. Now I am planning to replace the e caps on the CD-PRO2 mainboard with polymer caps. Call me crazy! Is there any way I can see your design? Thanks.

-finney
Hi Finney,

Our new design will be focused on suspension of cd module and transformer etc.
Primary test from one of my friend reveals that the extensive suspension of transformer and cd mechanism (in commercial cd player, not CD-PRO2) gives great improvement of sound quality. Therefore we are going to apply this to CD-PRO2 module which can replace the original spring and rubber suspension.

Following is my cd-pro2 with dual 1541A S2 with I2s connection :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...674#post583674

Mine is too crowded : We are going to separate by two for player : CD-PRO2 with DAC(thomas) plus tube buffer with P/S, What do you think about the length of I2S cable? Is it possible to lengthen the cable about 30-40cm? If possible we would like to make standalone transport and standalone DAC.

Thank you in advance for any idea about I2S cable.

Kiyull
Old 27th April 2005, 08:33 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Talking Ultimate Twin TDA1541a Non-oversampling DAC with tube buffer & reclock set...........

Dear kiyull ,

I was packing the DAC. Pls let me know how long was the digital cable for I2S that U need. I will free to post longer digital cable to U. will caontain three canle. One is gotham, one is aes digital cable & one is junkosha for U. Is U can supply useful information for diyers to improve my DAC or coming others diyers design in diy world. I don't care lost a little bit money for experience.

Pls le me know asap.

I will prepare for U.

Dear Martti Kauppinen,

paypal money arrived. Will EMS to U tomorrow.

thx

thomas

Hide this!Advertise here!