New XMOS Multichannel PCB - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd December 2015, 08:18 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New XMOS Multichannel PCB

Dear friends,
A new xmos multichannel PCB is just released.
  • 4 layer PCB, Ultra low phase noise ndk audio oscillator
  • Upto 32 channels or 384kHz with different firmware
  • XMOS Xcore-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS in dual issue mode.

Click the image to open in full size.

The default firmware on the DXIO32ch support 8 channels 192kHz I2S input , 8 channel 192kHz I2S output, spdif output, OLED VU meter and volume up/down control button

Extreme diyer can use the onboard full size XSYS connector to program the xmos with their customized firmware to add more feature and function. (For programming support, please refer to the xmos official website and xcore.com for question about xmos programming, the PCB portmap is shown in the item image.)

The usb audio source code can be downloaded from xmos.com and the VU meter patch can be downloaded from xcore.com released under bsd license.

To compare, the xmos used in the stereo 384k USB I2S PCB is 500MIPS processing power. Our test shows that the OLED VU meter patch can degrade the audio quality if it is not used with the new 2000MIPS XMOS.
Old 5th December 2015, 08:00 AM   #2
bavmike is offline bavmike  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default New XMOS Multichannel PCB

This is very exciting news! The DIY community has been waiting for a good quality multichannel USB interface for a very long time.

Will it be possible for Native DSD 256 8 channel support with Linux?

Can you develop the firmware for Native DSD 256 support on Linux?

We think DSD support is very important.

The very best platform to use for testing is HQ player.

http://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html

If you download Audiolinux:

http://www.tophifi.it

It's perfect. It has HQplayer pre-installed. Just copy to USB stick and boot from stick. Very easy way to to test HQplayer/Linux. And very best sound as well.

Thank you. We look forward to the development!

Last edited by bavmike; 5th December 2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 6th December 2015, 11:18 PM   #3
ripson is offline ripson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

It would be great if your converters wouldn't be visible in a system as a DIYINHK... but as a native XMOS devices
Old 7th December 2015, 12:06 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripson View Post
It would be great if your converters wouldn't be visible in a system as a DIYINHK... but as a native XMOS devices
what do you mean by this?
Old 7th December 2015, 08:06 AM   #5
ripson is offline ripson  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavmike View Post
what do you mean by this?
If you plug in one of these converters to your PC... the device name will be something like:

DIYINHK DXIO USB2.0...
Old 7th December 2015, 08:10 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripson View Post
If you plug in one of these converters to your PC... the device name will be something like:

DIYINHK DXIO USB2.0...

Yes that's because it's their interface. If your an OEM customer, and order large quantities, they can change that to whatever you want. Even print your name on the PCB.
Old 8th December 2015, 04:05 PM   #7
00940 is offline 00940  Belgium
diyAudio Member

It seems like an interesting solution for an USB ADC. Do you have more informations on interfacing I2S inputs with the board ?
Old 14th January 2016, 08:10 AM   #8
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

I've had this board for a few days now and it looks like it delivers. I've used it under Windows 10 to output stereo sound to a DAC as well as input sound from an ADC (PCM4222 EVM).

I made a little video of the board in action, connected to the OLED display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwg9Qhb8AIg

Keep in mind that under Windows 10 it will only work in stereo (with DIYINHK's XMOS driver (v3.20)).

Also, if you want to use it with an ADC, you will need to slave the ADC to the XMOS.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-01-12 00.56.02 (Medium).jpg (220.3 KB, 465 views)
Old 29th January 2016, 10:52 AM   #9
tmavr is offline tmavr  Barbados
diyAudio Member

DimDim thanks for your help so far in order to get the board working!

Anyone here started coding for this xmos ? I have already connected to it with an xmos xtag-2, and trying to start a project. Not sure if there are any xmos programmers around here. Myself I have limited experience with XS1-L1.

diyinhk, a bit of help would be appreciated, a .XN file or a project skeleton based on the actual board implementation, would be very helpful. Having community-supported firmware enabling various other features, would surely help the sales of this wonderful minimalistic and powerful board!
Old 29th January 2016, 01:53 PM   #10
cal1sto is offline cal1sto  France
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmavr View Post
DimDim thanks for your help so far in order to get the board working!

Anyone here started coding for this xmos ? I have already connected to it with an xmos xtag-2, and trying to start a project. Not sure if there are any xmos programmers around here. Myself I have limited experience with XS1-L1.

diyinhk, a bit of help would be appreciated, a .XN file or a project skeleton based on the actual board implementation, would be very helpful. Having community-supported firmware enabling various other features, would surely help the sales of this wonderful minimalistic and powerful board!
I have the XTAG3 and must get this board today or tomorrow and plan also to customize the Firmware for the AK4490 to get PCM 768khz and DSD256 following XMOS upgrade document for DSD 256 Native, i hope DimDim will provide me the source code of the XS1-L1 one, but i have already asked for the bin files two times without positve feedback yet, so without this help i will modify the USB Audio 2.0 source code from XMOS to cover the function to manage the DAC and Oscillator. Anyway help is welcome and learning by doing is the best way

Hide this!Advertise here!