• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

It would be helpful to share the DHL tracking number from the lost boards. And the invoice from the PCB house. I will contact them myself to inquire about free replacements. They lost the first batch, and screwed up on the 2nd. Now they don't build them after they're ordered. Sounds like it's time to find a new PCB house.

Last edited:
The was a short but it does not make sense to reclaim New boards when they have other errors.

And even after it was removed it still did not work. And as I said it is a New part. That i never worked with.

But why should i through All this again if it is not to get me in a trap.?

Had there not been other errors on the board, then that would have been a big deal. This is something I'd be bringing up with them. However it seems you had forgotten about that excuse.

That conditioner chip is not a difficult chip to implement. TI has an evaluation board that Mike offered to buy, and very clear application notes in the data sheet and evaluation board. Something that would be a breeze for a novice PCB engineer, let alone one who charges 105 Euros an hour.

Had there not been other errors on the board, then that would have been a big deal. This is something I'd be bringing up with them. However it seems you had forgotten about that excuse.

That conditioner chip is not a difficult chip to implement. TI has an evaluation board that Mike offered to buy, and very clear application notes in the data sheet and evaluation board. Something that would be a breeze for a novice PCB engineer, let alone one who charges 105 Euros an hour.
Then let another take over. All the files are there.

Soon no one will ever do business with Mike. His reputation for being unsavory will eventually catch up with him. He definitely has lost clients because people have values above a pretty case. I'm sure Audio Freak will say he doesn't care and he doesn't need those clients but eventually this will be to his great detriment. Sonny clearly has integrity dealing with a bad situation. This is a painful learning exercise but one which will guide his future endeavors. Good luck to all involved and I hope they find what they are looking for.

Last edited:
Preamp V1.1 Board for gain modules ready.

Attachments

• preamp v11.png
    preamp v11.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 504
Nice build cOz!

Did you test? How do you like the sound?

Thanks
Do

I've not been able to test it yet. This is my first build :eek: and I have a lot of confusion on how to wire the parts together and I've never done any metal work. So a few things have happened as learning such as breaking the tap in the heatsink and scratching the case just a bit. I keep a good attitude and know the lessons will guide my future efforts. I will do the best I can and then take the project to a friends dad who ran a transformer manufacturing company for 30 years. Everything will be double triple checked and made completely safe before this sees any testing with live voltages etc. A little slow but I'm cautious. I plan to document the build from a Novice point of view so that if someone wants to copy it will be easy for them. :cheers:

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing them!

I've not been able to test it yet. This is my first build :eek: and I have a lot of confusion on how to wire the parts together and I've never done any metal work. So a few things have happened as learning such as breaking the tap in the heatsink and scratching the case just a bit. I keep a good attitude and know the lessons will guide my future efforts. I will do the best I can and then take the project to a friends dad who ran a transformer manufacturing company for 30 years. Everything will be double triple checked and made completely safe before this sees any testing with live voltages etc. A little slow but I'm cautious. I plan to document the build from a Novice point of view so that if someone wants to copy it will be easy for them. :cheers:

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing them!
Thanks for sharing - and all the best with building your amps :) And a late Happy New Year to all of you and to Sonny. BR, Per

I have a few basic questions that hopefully either Sonny or some of the more experienced builders can help me clarify. My amp is being setup for 220v operation in India.

1). The Softstart module has two power inputs and three power outputs. The two inputs are for line level voltages hot/neutral. The three outputs to which connect to the transformer look to be capable of hot/neutral plus the middle slot which can tie the two primaries together for 220 voltage usage.

My transformer has the following:
Blue - - O
Gray - tie to purple
Purple - tie to gray
Brown - 230v

Is my assumption about Soft Start correct? I looked at the Youtube video but it only had two outputs and I've not yet found documents with the 2,3 combination.

2). does the To-264 need an isolation plastic washer? I assume the other transitors are mounted with thermal paste only. I've ordered high quality To-264 silicone pads.

Thanks for help...

Robert

I have a few basic questions that hopefully either Sonny or some of the more experienced builders can help me clarify. My amp is being setup for 220v operation in India.

1). The Softstart module has two power inputs and three power outputs. The two inputs are for line level voltages hot/neutral. The three outputs to which connect to the transformer look to be capable of hot/neutral plus the middle slot which can tie the two primaries together for 220 voltage usage.

Blue - - O
Gray - tie to purple
Purple - tie to gray
Brown - 230v

Is my assumption about Soft Start correct? I looked at the Youtube video but it only had two outputs and I've not yet found documents with the 2,3 combination.

2). does the To-264 need an isolation plastic washer? I assume the other transitors are mounted with thermal paste only. I've ordered high quality To-264 silicone pads.

Thanks for help...

Robert

Never mind, I'll figure it out on my own.... Hope this amp sounds good

Blue - - O
Gray - tie to purple
Purple - tie to gray
Brown - 230v

It is correct

Thanks for help...

That is also correct.

Robert