• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AK4490 USB Dac with dsd support.

The Graviton phono stage board

Attachments

• graviton phono stage.jpg
    graviton phono stage.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_2595.JPG
    IMG_2595.JPG
    488.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_2596.JPG
    IMG_2596.JPG
    462.8 KB · Views: 445
Graviton Power amp.

We are making a new power amp which will fit the size of the TSSA V1.8

It is DC coupled, has Servo and is based on a modified MIRAND A1 that has been upgraded.

It offers much more definition, clarity and space in the sound stage than the TSSA V1.8

It will be priced at 142€ per module/channel.

Preorder can be accepted with 20% discount in december

Hi The Graviton is a current feedback that is DC coupled and uses a servo to get offset below a few millivolts. It is based on the Mirand A1 V1.1 which is updated. (see picture of the original A1 V1.1 amplifier)

Gain is 26.4dB
Slewrate: ~75V/us (Higher can be achived at the expense of phasemargin)
Phase margin at 470nF||8R : 42 degrees
Supply voltage : +/-45VDC
Min load impedance is 4R.
Bandwidth: 1Hz (Servo limited) to 480KHz.

Attachments

• miranda1v11-3.jpg
    miranda1v11-3.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 342
I forgot some features

1) D.C. Protection build in
2) input for external temp sensor
3) interface to front panel with i2c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does that mean that TSSA V2, V4 and V8 are now hopelessly old fashion and left in the dust? To everyones information I have a pair of TSSA V2 boards (bought as early bird) in Sonny's shop just waiting for me to say "go" and Sonny will build a killer amp for me :) Health and economy has so far kept me back but Sonny has been very kind and has patiently waited for me. Thanks Sonny :) Wish you and everybody a peaceful and happy Holiday to come. All the best, Per

They (TSSA ) not old fashioned. They have just a softer soundstage, but also less detailed

The graviton amp is more detailed but still it has a correct balance
Thanks for the answer, Sonny. Would you let me upgrade / swap to the Graviton boards for the price difference and a restocking fee? BR Per

EDIT: I forgot that the V2 is probably more powerful than the Graviton, right?

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm considering whether I attempt this dac&pre. Does anyone have any references to comparisons with commercial dacs? I have been considering buying a Mytek Brooklyn due to the features and the reported sound quality. With Mirand's diy, I would be sacrificing features such as digital inputs, phono input etc and the unknown comparison to say Mytek B or Benchmark DAC2.

Hi all, I'm considering whether I attempt this dac&pre. Does anyone have any references to comparisons with commercial dacs? I have been considering buying a Mytek Brooklyn due to the features and the reported sound quality. With Mirand's diy, I would be sacrificing features such as digital inputs, phono input etc and the unknown comparison to say Mytek B or Benchmark DAC2.
Hi, As to the input side, you could build the preamp / dac. That combination has optical and coax inputs, too, and the option for a phono stage that Sonny has just finished :) Regarding DAC sound quality comparison I once asked Sonny about and he compared my single ended IC version with a german dac (I don't here remember which) in the 1,500 - 2,000 Euro range. Judging from some of the users in here you will not be disappointed:) BR Per

Last edited: