• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Soren - when do you expect your shipment for USA distribution will land in the states?

Just got confirmed that boards did land at the US office, and I expect that most, if not all, orders there will be shipped out today.

And just to say it again, I do engineering and manufacturing, the two online stores do the actual order processing and shipping so I can't answer for them. Any questions related to individual orders need to be directly to one of the two online stores.

Just to clarify, to power the onboard isolators the Amanero +3.3V connects to ISO +3.3V and Amanero GND connects to ISO GND? (or non ISO GND?)

Depends on your grounding scheme of choice, really (whether you want to isolate this etc)...? In general, the GND is the reference point... for which the +3.3V is needed. If you take GND reference from some place else, the +3.3V may end up reading a different value and that will cause problems... or worse, potentially cause damage.

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Compared running 7VA batteries against my two Mean Well RS-15-15 15 Volt 15W. Maaaybe a slight difference. But not all + for the batteries. So very good power system for DC onboard this DAC. This makes mer just more sure that you dont want to hook up a trafo because this will cause rectifying switch residulas from the mains freq + all the overtones. I will not even try it as it must be the least optimal solution.

And before you cram it into an aluminum box, play it freely on nylon standoffs. I put a bit of sorbothane on the oscillator ;) I laways dampen my oscs.

So anyways. This DAC has at least 3 very good qualities. Dynamics is one. A big deep open stage is an other. A third is that it rest on a real solid fundamnet bass wise. I'm thinking about some others... :) Isn't there anythig to pick on? Maybe...

//

This makes mer just more sure that you dont want to hook up a trafo because this will cause rectifying switch residulas from the mains freq + all the overtones. I will not even try it as it must be the least optimal solution.

//

I had the same thoughts. I guess I'll rig up a simple +/- 12VDC to power this with. Or, maybe I go overboard and use a Salas Shunt?

Randy

I had the same thoughts. I guess I'll rig up a simple +/- 12VDC to power this with. Or, maybe I go overboard and use a Salas Shunt?

Randy

So a +/- 9V RMS DC at the output of a simple Pi filter should suffice (to stay in the +/- 12 V peak to peak Soren advices) !

Good news, a traffo (R-core, torroid, whatever) 4 shokty diodes, 4 caps for the Pi !

Will have soon a Wave I/O at the end of the week I hope (tommorow for the DAC), so I will add my testimonial about this USB board with the Dam1201 !

What is the name of the connector plug in English please : still have to found the flat wire to link the USB board to the DAC !

Are the output connections always in the same order for all the USB pcbs (I saw a usefull two rows flat cable on the TNT's photographs) or do I have to find 4 independant connectors for each I2S output like the voltage one ? Soren : same order with your Amanero and your DIYHINKH USB boards ?

Last edited:
So a +/- 9V RMS DC at the output of a simple Pi filter should suffice (to stay in the +/- 12 V peak to peak Soren advices) !

Good news, a traffo (R-core, torroid, whatever) 4 shokty diodes, 4 caps for the Pi !

Will have soon a Wave I/O at the end of the week I hope (tommorow for the DAC), so I will add my testimonial about this USB board with the Dam1201 !

What is the name of the connector plug in English please : still have to found the flat wire to link the USB board to the DAC !

Are the output connections always in the same order for all the USB pcbs (I saw a usefull two rows flat cable on the TNT's photographs) or do I have to find 4 independant connectors for each I2S output like the voltage one ? Soren : same order with your Amanero and your DIYHINKH USB boards ?

I just use 6 single wires (3 signals, 1 +3.3V, 2 GND's) to wire the DAC to the USB Interface, don't seems to be any standards for wire ordering....

As far as i understand from Soren posts there is no quality difference between pot and serial interface, at the end even using pot it reads voltage value and arrange volume digital. So even pot quality does not matter regarding to sound quality.

Anyone can conform that please.

Yes, that is true. Soren did say that he added hysteresis and filtering to the pot input to prevent noise ingress.