Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 62 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2014, 10:30 AM   #611
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
Is there anything to control?

only our greediness

Guys, why dont You give a break to Soekris? In this thread was offered WORKING dac. I look at it , evaluated, emailed, preordered and waiting impatiently. If you are not comfortabile with offered dac, You can try make your own. If you are too lazy for this, there is many many OTHER dac, with remote controls, reclockings options , cases waiting to be purchuased.

Sincerely- preordered customer, (which wants his dac until next 2015 Christmas. If you start bother Soekris with all this aditional stuff its likely we will receive modified dac in 2017.. )

Last edited by elviukai; 4th December 2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 4th December 2014, 10:31 AM   #612
Geekey is offline Geekey  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Is there anything to control?
Input selection.
Input format.
Filters?
Digital volume at least.
Old 4th December 2014, 11:19 AM   #613
Geekey is offline Geekey  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elviukai View Post
Guys, why dont You give a break to Soekris?
You need no more information about dac , that’s ok.
But I need , and I want to ask questions .
So don’t heckle.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:04 PM   #614
reodds is offline reodds  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi again Sören, any update as to when we can expect production of the dac? I'm certain that there are quite a few of us who are anxiously awaiting the release!
Old 4th December 2014, 01:53 PM   #615
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldam View Post
PS: forget a question to Andrea member : Hello Andrea, if you read it : could it be possible according to you to plug your futur Laptecg clock on the Soekris board instead the Silabs embeded XO ? If yes I will choose the Laptech with the frequency needed, if not will use it with the TDA1541 projects !
Eldam,

my clock board is a very normal clock, nothing of special, but I think this DAC cannot use any external clock.

This is a commercial design, so every choice has done by the manufacturer.
This is not an open project, or a diy project.
And no one would ask Naim Audio, Linn, Wadia and so on, to update their product according to its own needs.
Finally, everyone is free to buy or not this DAC.

On the other side everyone has the right to debate the projectual choices, as everyone is free to debate the projectual choices of Naim, Linn, Wadia, AMR and so on.

So, just for debate, the SiLabs device IS NOT A LOW JITTER DEVICE, its datasheet clearly shows that.
IMHO, it would be much better using a pair of really low jitter oscillators, like Ian's FIFO buffer, and no frequency tracking/PLL.
Really low jitter oscillators will perform at least 30 dB better than the SI514.

BTW, this is a nice project...
but it could be a great project...
... really low jitter oscillator
... single ladder
... single ladder supply rail
... 0.001% ladder resistors
... maybe, better thinking to a system rather than a dac, with an extremely precise oscillator close to the dac logic, and a slaved SD card source, using simply the interrupt function provided by a uC.
Old 4th December 2014, 02:32 PM   #616
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I think we should not panic - the Silabs is not all bad
//

A question of perspective of course. Tried the big daddy Si570 when Ian offered it as an upgrade to the dual oscillator board. Could not stand it even for a day - the Crysteks went back promptly.
Old 4th December 2014, 02:39 PM   #617
Bones13 is offline Bones13  United States
Techie Wanabe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reodds View Post
Hi again Sören, any update as to when we can expect production of the dac? I'm certain that there are quite a few of us who are anxiously awaiting the release!
Last word was that the boards and parts were all at the fab shop. I don't have a clue how long it takes after that, and I am sure there is some quality control as it starts up.

You will know when its ready, when Soren makes the announcement and/or sends an email/PM that you can use to order from. He has a list of PMs who get first go at the boards, which will sell at his US and European websites.
Old 4th December 2014, 03:28 PM   #618
diyAudio Member

Location: Madrid - Capital of the Kingdom of Spain / European Union
Please count on me for a 0.02% resistor board !!. Did anybody receive a confirmation ?

greetings
Pepe
Old 4th December 2014, 04:28 PM   #619
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
A question of perspective of course. Tried the big daddy Si570 when Ian offered it as an upgrade to the dual oscillator board. Could not stand it even for a day - the Crysteks went back promptly.
Not a big surprise.
SiLabs oscillators are good for telephonic applications, not for audio.
Old 4th December 2014, 06:03 PM   #620
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog_sa View Post
I have a pair of NDKs coming this way and an Ian dual clock board waiting here to replace a Si570 board. Will apparently be interesting.

Still, my DAC played on the same or better level than an Auralic DAC.

//

Hide this!Advertise here!