Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz - Page 48 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Vendor's Bazaar
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Vendor's Bazaar Commercial Vendors large & small hawking their wares

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th November 2014, 10:44 AM   #471
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potstip View Post
1) here http://bbb.ieero.com/ says that;

"By default the file is resampled if 44k1Hz frequency or multiples is being played. This might/will introduce hearable artifacts."
That's right, 'out of the box' the Beaglebone has only a single onboard clock that will result in resampling of 44.1KHz family sampling rates. The SO3 essentially replaces the single onboard clock with the two higher quality clocks with automatic switching to the correct clock to avoid the resampling. One of the key benefits of miero's software, available on that link, is the clock switching. You can't do that with an RPi as far as I know.

Quote:
2) As fas as i know we can't use volumino if we use Miero linux image.

How you planing to play files? I can use BBB as you will do.
No Volumio is a separate distribution to miero's. I will control what I play via a UPnP control point on my smartphone or tablet (BubbleUPnP). I've installed upmpdcli on top of miero's distribution so that it is visible as a upnp renderer. Chanh has also done this and is using it successfully with very good results.

Support for Botic Linux driver

RuneAudio, which is similar to Volumio, are promising to include miero's software in their next BBB release.

Quote:
3) I read one of Sonren post the R-2R DAC use Asynchronous instead of synchronous and when i look at the attached pictures prepared by acko for BBB the connection is synchronous;
The SO3 clocks need to control the BBB but the use of the the same clocks with the dac in full synchronous mode is optional. You wouldn't connect the SO3 clocks to Soren's DAC.

Quote:
Actually the power consumption of RPI is 700ma according to google
I only related the raspberrypi.org recommendation.

Quote:
I definatelly can't do that but there are so many electronic repair shops avaliable one of them could soldering components for me.

I do not go for fully assembled version because i am not sure that which version i need at the moment. Let me explain;

X1 and X2 slots can be filled depends on application, the standart build on Acko web page use big blue component but in application pictured sent by users do not include it. And components location could change. Please see attached 1.jpg picture.

Also in cutom builds some user use CCHD-950 and said that it is better. i have not enough experience to comment
I think you're worrying about things you don't need to worry about, for example, what relevance is whether pictures have a big blue component (its a capacitor) or not? Acko will build an SO3 to suit your needs with just the right components. I would suggest a pre-built SO3 with 40MHz family clocks will be fine for hooking up a BBB. As for whether CCHD-950, or whatever, is better or worse, consider your proposed application; you're only looking to use the SO3 to control the BBB and Soren's DAC has isolation and reclocking on its input and its (tightly integrated) clock will be more fundamental to the results than upgraded clocks on the SO3.

This is mostly off topic here and belongs in Acko's SO3 thread.

Ray
Old 9th November 2014, 10:56 AM   #472
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Any isolator or reclocking would be redundant as my R-2R DAC already have it....

My R-2R DAC can also output master clock if needed for t.ex. a USB interface.
Søren, in the context of Potstip's posts, I agree that the SO3 isolator/reclocker is superfluous with the input isolation and reclocking on your DAC board, but, it does have a use in providing external clocking to the Beaglebone so that there is no resampling of incoming data that its single onboard clock would otherwise dictate. With the RPi you're stuck with the resampling anyway.

Now, if the beaglebone could send its clock select flag to your dac and your dac could then switch to the correct clock rate for the data sampling rate and send a suitable clock signal back to the beaglebone.....

Ray
Old 9th November 2014, 02:29 PM   #473
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Søren, will the DA delay be deterministic in the sense that if I used say 2 for a four way system (dig XO), one for each channel, the inter channel (L/R) delay would be reasonably short and equal between channels, playing different songs, albums and samplerates / bit-depths?

I'm thinking about the buffer...

//

PS: Heja Danmark!!
Old 9th November 2014, 03:12 PM   #474
diyAudio Member

should have been... 2 for a 2ch 2-way system
Old 9th November 2014, 03:28 PM   #475
potstip is offline potstip  Turkey
diyAudio Member

Dear Soren

Quote:
Originally Posted by soekris View Post
Physical:

3.2" x 5.8" (81 x 147 mm), two PCB mounted XLR connectors on one side for the balanced output driver.

Power:

Takes 2 x 7-15V DC or AC. Designed for single 2 x 7-8V 5W toroid transformer.
Correct me if i am wrong you design board 7-8v but we can also use 7-15v because all famous troidal transformer manufacturer use 6v then 9v.

So is there any disadvantage use 2 x 9VAC @ 0.83A, can i use this;
15VA Power Transformer
Old 9th November 2014, 05:00 PM   #476
diyAudio Member

Quote:
15VA Power Transformer
The disadvantage is more waste heat as the dac regulators will have to 'burn' the extra voltage. As long as the regulator is able to dissipate the heat it'll be fine.

Ray
Old 9th November 2014, 05:04 PM   #477
diyAudio Member

Potstip, you don't have to use a toroidal transformer, you could go with something like this;

https://www.reichelt.de/Transformers...7&artnr=4815-2

Ray
Old 9th November 2014, 05:09 PM   #478
diyAudio Member

Power DC, is that +/- 15 Volt or two times 15 V?

//
Old 9th November 2014, 05:17 PM   #479
diyAudio Member

There's a lot of useful information about Soren's DAC here;

R2R For The REST of US | H i F i D U I N O

Ray
Old 9th November 2014, 05:30 PM   #480
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Dear Soren

Correct me if i am wrong you design board 7-8v but we can also use 7-15v because all famous troidal transformer manufacturer use 6v then 9v.

15VA Power Transformer
Multicomp MCFM50/07 yada MCFM70/07 lazimdir. Farnell bunlar satiyor.

Hide this!Advertise here!