• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Nothing else, the dam1021 do auto detect between DSD and PCM.

v1.04 seems to be working fine here. :)

I noticed that when the dam is fed with DSD64, the serial port displays "L176" and with DSD128 it displays "L352", regardless of whether I'm using DoP or native DSD.

Could you add some sort of indication to show that the input signal is in fact DSD? Perhaps something like "L176D" instead of "L176".

v1.04 seems to be working fine here. :)

I noticed that when the dam is fed with DSD64, the serial port displays "L176" and with DSD128 it displays "L352", regardless of whether I'm using DoP or native DSD.

Could you add some sort of indication to show that the input signal is in fact DSD? Perhaps something like "L176D" instead of "L176".

When the dam1021 is feed DSD is will display L02M, L05M or L11M, depending on DSD speed.

When no DSD signal and the USB interface is still supplying valid clock, it will display that clock, even if nothing is playing as the dam1021 don't know nothing is being played.... At least that what my DIYINHK USB-I2S interface is doing when the DSD stream is stopped, it keep supplying the clock used when playing DSD....

Sommetimes it gets hard to connect with "+++" no matter how many times I write the command I don´t get connected.
But on poweron I get:
R1.04
I3
L000
F5
V+00
I3
I1
V-01
L044

Its not just with the R1.04 it´s 0.99 to and all others...

Do you press enter after "+++"? I did that and it was a pain in the a*s to get connected. But since i just type +++ and wait it's working all the time.
Regards //Daniel

Firmware version 1.04 is now up on Soekris Engineering, Inc. | Downloads

There are now full DSD support, up to DoP128 and DSD256, depending on the used USB to I2S interface.

Pinout for DSD is per de facto standard:

I2S bclk -> DSD Bit Clock
I2S lrclk -> DSD Left Data
I2S dat -> DSD Right Data

The issue on version 1.03 with no output on SPDIF should be fixed now, could people having the issue please report back.

Some DSD issues here (mind you, may not be DAM-related).

DAM locks, but I hear mostly noise. If I crank the volume loud enough though, I hear the original music, though mostly overpowered by "white-noise".

My setup is:
Roon -> piCorePlayer [Squeeze] on RPI 2 -> DAM
Same file plays perfectly when Roon does the DSD->PCM conversion [DSD64 -> 352.8kHz -> 176.4kHz -> Squeezebox]

Søren, I'm so happy with your creation, that the above is mostly for you/debugging purposes.
I couldn't care less if I can't play DSD on DAM ;)

I've just installed the 1.04 update, the locks when switching songs seems faster/better :)

Tested some filters: I switched life between linear and minimum phase (F4<->F6),
For me, linear is better (natural, more focused) with minimum there's something wrong with the highs, they sound more fuzzy, like a little out of phase.

Do you press enter after "+++"? I did that and it was a pain in the a*s to get connected. But since i just type +++ and wait it's working all the time.
Regards //Daniel
Yes that did it,thanks!

Tested some filters: I switched life between linear and minimum phase (F4<->F6),
For me, linear is better (natural, more focused) with minimum there's something wrong with the highs, they sound more fuzzy, like a little out of phase.
Today 03:13 AM
How to switch between filters?What command?

I have a new issue on 1.04 firmware. My DAC won't automatically switch sources between SPDIF and USB(I2S) as it was on 0.99. When both SPDIF and USB signals are available and DAC is playing from USB, when I disconnect USB cable it won’t switch to SPDIF. Power cycle is required. Then it’s playing from SPDIF. I’m connecting USB cable, start playing something by USB, then turn off SPDIF source and again – it won’t switch to USB without power cycle. I don't have source selector connected, only auto mode.

Could somebody confirm this?

Firmware version 1.04 is now up on Soekris Engineering, Inc. | Downloads

There are now full DSD support, up to DoP128 and DSD256, depending on the used USB to I2S interface.

Pinout for DSD is per de facto standard:

I2S bclk -> DSD Bit Clock
I2S lrclk -> DSD Left Data
I2S dat -> DSD Right Data

The issue on version 1.03 with no output on SPDIF should be fixed now, could people having the issue please report back.

I have updated FW to 1.04
Connecting Amanero Combo 384 to R2R as attachment.
Using Audirvana Plus as player ( try DoP 1.0 and DoP 1.1)

When Playing DSD content, it works fine.
When Playing PCM content, CH1 not sound, CH2 song playing with loud noise

What's wrong? My connection is correct?

Best Regards

Attachments

• Amanero_R2R_D.jpg
    Amanero_R2R_D.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 600
  • Amanero_R2R.jpg
    Amanero_R2R.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
I have updated FW to 1.04
Connecting Amanero Combo 384 to R2R as attachment.
Using Audirvana Plus as player ( try DoP 1.0 and DoP 1.1)

When Playing DSD content, it works fine.
When Playing PCM content, CH1 not sound, CH2 song playing with loud noise

What's wrong? My connection is correct?

Best Regards

Oh
connection wrong
swap green and orange at R2R make all works
Thanks my expert friends

Some DSD issues here (mind you, may not be DAM-related).

DAM locks, but I hear mostly noise. If I crank the volume loud enough though, I hear the original music, though mostly overpowered by "white-noise".

My setup is:
Roon -> piCorePlayer [Squeeze] on RPI 2 -> DAM
Same file plays perfectly when Roon does the DSD->PCM conversion [DSD64 -> 352.8kHz -> 176.4kHz -> Squeezebox]

Søren, I'm so happy with your creation, that the above is mostly for you/debugging purposes.
I couldn't care less if I can't play DSD on DAM ;)

luchoh,
I have had similar issue with RPi 2, checking the squeezelite log file showed that it was in fact sampling at a lower than expected sampling rate (48Khz) and because the RPi 2 does not have a lot of horsepower for re-sampling or high quality then one will get the "white noise".

This happened to non DSD material.

Using a PC (more CPU power) with USBtoI2S will yield much better results and >192Khz capability.